Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2017 ST seems to have started developing small cracks in the headlights. Has anyone else had this? A ringing Ford tomorrow to see if this is a common fault or if there is anything they can do.

thanks

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,000 Posts
Question, who or how do you wash your car? Could be a strong mix of APC attacking the plastic if you use the carpark carwash people.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,003 Posts
Cant see anything Ford would do, probably say its been caused by acidic wash or something, I had one changed on my 17 StLine under warranty due to electrics fault on the DRL, Its a complete unit, service manager said just short of a grand...ouch!, thank goodness it failed during warranty period

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question, who or how do you wash your car? Could be a strong mix of APC attacking the plastic if you use the carpark carwash people.
Hi,
No i wash it myself Snow foam, meguiars car shampoo and meguiars quick wax. Never put anything acidic to them. Use Autoglym fast glass on them and never used the DA on them.

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,003 Posts
Are both headlights the same

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
655 Posts
I haven't had small cracks but have had one of my headlights replaced under warranty as there was a small area of peeling around 2" square. Luckily I took pictures of it before I tried to remove it thinking it was something stuck on the headlight as then it looked like it had been sanded down. I too only wash it myself always using non-abrasive materials. I've had Xenon lights on my past 4 cars now and none of them have had this issue either. The other headlight is fine.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
815 Posts
I tend to agree, that looks like Kosovan car wash rash, not sure you’ll have much luck with Ford but worth a try 👍

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
632 Posts
It's clear lacquer, something damage it. Have to be sanded down and repainted with hardener. Very unusual 😕

1 - 12 of 12 Posts