Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

all of a sudden one of my front parking sensors comes on while driving then goes off, happened a few times now.

as my car is still under warranty until of the end of June , are parking sensors covered under warranty?.

Car is booked in with Ford and will fight tooth and nail to make sure it is but would like a second opinion .

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
676 Posts
Take it back to the dealers it should be covered under warranty,,

Ross

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
They don't happen to turn off at about 5km/h and back on when below that speed?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That sound about right you know, as when I’m in slow moving traffic and a car comes from behind the sensors come on with the pictogram and the sound.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
On my 2016 there's the button on the lower centre console to manually turn them on/ off. I was wondering if that's got something to do with it?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I’ve got a similar problem , front sensor starts beeping for no apparent reason very intermittently, but predominantly when wet weather (always thought that was a clue), dealer couldn’t sort after 2 warranty visits, could have just changed the sensor in my opinion, but there go......out of warranty now

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been told that the sensors activate in wet weather because rain drops create a magnifying effect when they settle on the sensors but are fine in the dry. Not sure if it is true or just a service department excuse when they can’t find a fault. Does perhaps sound possible though.

·
Registered
2017 Grey Kuga ST Line X AWD
5 Posts
I have found the same, water running over the sensors when wet and at low speed/braking can activate them. Dead bugs and debris on/around them can trigger them also. It was the same case with my Mercedes previously - sometimes, in traffic, smoke from a car exhaust in front would trigger them! I find the front quarter sensors more sensitive. When I am waiting to turn right onto my drive, they can sometimes trigger if a car passes close to the centre line - not a bad thing. As I say I am used to them triggering every now and again as it was the case with the Merc, usually something fairly obvious would cause it and it only happens at low speed, reverse or stopped - as this is when they become active. If you're unsure get it to the dealer, that would be covered under warranty if faulty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts