161 - 180 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
220 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
All those gags went down like a “lead “ balloon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is related to the issues afore mentioned but I've had my Kuga ST Line x on order since August with no news of a delivery date (late Oct he thought). The dealer rang me the other day to say it had been put back because of battery issues to probably December, this was because of damage that could be caused going over bumps - speed bumps etc, to the underside of the battery. Production had stopped and all cars recalled. He said Ford have sorted a fix but I'll just have to wait.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I think I would be cancelling anything to do with their Phev models until such time it is officially sorted. I went and had a look at the MK3 yesterday. It does remind me of a cx5. Only critism externally was the tyres look too big for the wheels.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I’ve said that from day one about the tyres.

I’m one of those folks that see a new motor and says, “nope” then they grow on me, like the mk2.5. I just can’t get over it’s front looks, arsed end is ok and the interior is not to my liking.

I guess all new models have “teething issues” and I feel for the new owners and what appears to be “Fords” generic, who gives a 💩 response.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
On reflection I realised I had made a mistake.
So I made contact with HQ and the Moderators and asked permission to be reinstated. I imposed a rest period of one month.
So pleased to be back and part of a great forum.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thank you.

Sorry to read that all is not well with the new motor a lot of kugonians have purchased.

Reactions: Muffin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all. Nightmare ..... laid in bed watching TV.. and alarm on car starts going off. Wouldn't respond to remote. Managed to open driver's door with key....alarm keeps starting and stopping. Dash and indicators flashing dim. Eventually alarm stops. Car dead. Sounds like my turn to endure the 12v battery issue. ( did notice dash flashing on and off on its own earlier). AA on way to jump off. Need to move it as at work at 6am. Not going in this incase it wobbles again. There's obviously an inherent problem with these models which might be all related. Dont need this.....j

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely sounds like a battery issue if the cars in America are not affected. I doubt the American version would have a different design to European unless emissions were involved.
I'm from Canada. Nobody have received an Escape PHEV in North America. Production is delayed to the first half of 2021, they will not have any Escape PHEV 2020 on the road. Some people are waiting for their Escape since February. I'm waiting for mine since August.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just get this on the Ford Employees Forum. This is for North America.

Escape PHEV Production Moving to 2021MY (Notice to Ford Dealers)

SUMMARY
After initially planning to sell Escape PHEV in 2020 as a 2020 MY vehicle, a decision has been made to shift Escape PHEV production to the 2021 MY on sale in the first half of 2021.

KEY MESSAGES
  • We are moving full scale production of Escape PHEV to the 2021 MY. The first Escape PHEVs will be sold in the first half of 2021.
  • We are moving production to next year while we work with the battery cell supplier to supply batteries for the 2021 MY Escape PHEV
  • Quality is a top priority. Customers love the all-new Escape and Escape Hybrid, which earned top honors in the J.D. Power 2020 APEAL Study. We are targeting to launch the Escape PHEV next year with this same level of quality.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
220 Posts
Hi all. Nightmare ..... laid in bed watching TV.. and alarm on car starts going off. Wouldn't respond to remote. Managed to open driver's door with key....alarm keeps starting and stopping. Dash and indicators flashing dim. Eventually alarm stops. Car dead. Sounds like my turn to endure the 12v battery issue. ( did notice dash flashing on and off on its own earlier). AA on way to jump off. Need to move it as at work at 6am. Not going in this incase it wobbles again. There's obviously an inherent problem with these models which might be all related. Dont need this.....j
Yes definitely 12v battery what have done is jumpstart it out of condition then trickle charge 12v battery overnight.....the ok for a while .....get the dealer to do the software patch..

161 - 180 of 278 Posts