Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
I got in touch with ford via the e mail address posted on here .... got an automated reply saying mail received etc .....then ..... ignored it nothing for over a week .....way to Go Ford !! And the Government are trying to push motorists to more greener motoring ...perhaps they should read a few forums ..

·
Registered
287 Posts
From rejection cases with my previous car brand, I think the rules for rejection were quite clear. Would have to read up again as it was a couple of years back. I think from memory for new cars, which they all are, the car can be rejected direct with the purchasing dealer, or direct with the supplying leasing or finance company, if it is not suitable for use, not the correct wording but something like that. If you elect for repair the dealer only has one attempt, which should be made clear in writing. There is also a fairly standard mileage amount to be deducted for usage which everybody seemed to accept. With my previous model lots of dealers accepted the rejections easily, others dug their heels in and it dragged on, but there were over 50 that were rejected on the UK forum I was on. It’s not an ideal situation to reject and it’s far better to have the cars fixed to everybody’s satisfaction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
UPDATE: I spoke to the dealer service manager but unfortunately guys, they don't have any clue yet and are also waiting for Ford to come back to them. Until then, he again, reminded me not to charge the battery which I am so sure and as we know it...this is really a serious one. Please keep posting if any news come up in the coming days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Going offf subject a little bit but since the non-ability to charge up the battery on the PHEV is anyone else experiencing weird noises coming from the (engine?) or are these normal in EV mode?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes ...when I was cleaning It I thought there was a mouse or rat in under tray weird scrabbling clicking ticking noises .. I assume it's some sort of relays valves as I assume there some sort of water cooling on the hv battery

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had the patch done to stop the 12v battery draining or going into hibernation.

But every couple of weeks I get the Ford pass message ... remote services have been disabled to conserve battery life .... and then the message your ford is in deep sleep mode .

Any one else keep getting this after the patch had been applied .

Then the car wont open by touch have to click the key fob to open and the infotainment screen takes ages to boot up but all fine after that .

These little niggles plus the major ones are starting to P**s me off now .

PS just had another one as I'm typing ..... maybe torch the car and start again.....or just wait until it self combusts itself

Attachments
Reply Quote
Yep.Ive had the ‘sleep’notification on the app. Drove me mad as the phone was dinging every minute. Reloaded the app but still got the message. Ran the car got a bit and do far have not had it again. It was after car stood for a couple of days but no more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My phev went into the dealership last Wednesday with battery “drain” rang on Tuesday and told FMCo will not release it due to battery recall and FMCo will pay for a hire vehicle for a week. I shall wait for a reply from dealership

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
69 Posts
My phev went into the dealership last Wednesday with battery “drain” rang on Tuesday and told FMCo will not release it due to battery recall and FMCo will pay for a hire vehicle for a week. I shall wait for a reply from dealership
This is so very worrying! Are they that unsafe!?
Why would they not release your car when they are letting 1000’s of us to continue driving them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I contacted Fmco to ask what was going on as dealers were useless ....email back sorry blah blah committed to safety blah blah looking for a solution blah blah .... then offered a hire car if I got in touch....... if these are indeed safe to drive in normal ev mode ...why are they quick to offer hire cars ......maybe more too it ??

·
Registered
2020 ‘70 plate ST-Line X PHEV 1st Edition - assuming it ever arrives!
12 Posts
Let’s hope it is only a week Welshman! I’m getting the sense that it could be weeks in the plural...or worse!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve noticed that if you drive in sport mode, the battery re-charges significantly quicker than other modes, now I’m thinking this isn’t safe to do....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes there no mention of using different driving modes as there there are ev modes and driving modes ....what are the thoughts??

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is so very worrying! Are they that unsafe!?
Why would they not release your car when they are letting 1000’s of us to continue driving them...

I contacted Fmco to ask what was going on as dealers were useless ....email back sorry blah blah committed to safety blah blah looking for a solution blah blah .... then offered a hire car if I got in touch....... if these are indeed safe to drive in normal ev mode ...why are they quick to offer hire cars ......maybe more too it ??
Jizzer,could you let me have FMCo email address thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, new to this discussion but just thought I'd throw my thoughts across. So we picked up our Phev ST Line X in the 3rd week of March (so assume one of the very first deliveries). From day one we've been charging it at least every other day and the car hasn't missed a beat. It drives like a premium car and we're very happy with it. We've obviously had the recall letters about the current issues, but the fact that we've charged the car probably over 100 times without issue, I don't think this problem is catastrophic but more a case of Ford just taking precautions.
For those who haven't taken delivery yet, from experience of driving the car for the last 6 months, stick with it as it will be worth the wait (although I can understand the frustration with how Ford are dealing with the issue).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all, new to this discussion but just thought I'd throw my thoughts across. So we picked up our Phev ST Line X in the 3rd week of March (so assume one of the very first deliveries). From day one we've been charging it at least every other day and the car hasn't missed a beat. It drives like a premium car and we're very happy with it. We've obviously had the recall letters about the current issues, but the fact that we've charged the car probably over 100 times without issue, I don't think this problem is catastrophic but more a case of Ford just taking precautions.
For those who haven't taken delivery yet, from experience of driving the car for the last 6 months, stick with it as it will be worth the wait (although I can understand the frustration with how Ford are dealing with the issue).
Pretty much what I just said in an email to Andy Barratt, the car is brilliant but the way this has been handled has frankly be a complete shambles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ford email TPAC post #26 on this thread attachment at end

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had my phev about the same time and charged regularly,but FMCo will not release it from the dealership,ps it’s a great vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my wife bought a ST-Line a couple of weeks ago then the dealer said there was a problem - the recall in question. Got a phone yesterday from the dealer to say there is a new fix and they expect it within the next 3 to 4 days so she can get the car within the week. Wonder if that is true or will we get another call to say there is another delay? Her current car is due it’s MOT as the end of this month.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mmmm may be pessimistic but ..... could be dealer just flannaling as alot have cancelled orders ....but I hope so

81 - 100 of 149 Posts