Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Muffin, thanks for the update let's all hope this is the end.
As a thought how would I stand if I wanted a full refund and returned the far as not fit for purchase
Hi Kibsy,
It would depend on whether or not Ford can find a permanent fix for the battery defect and can give a 100% assurance that the fault has been fully rectified
Our sales exec suggested just before PHEV sales were halted by Ford, that we could take delivery and run the vehicle in petrol mode only.
I responded that this was not an option and that I had bought a PHEV vehicle. Not having the ability to charge it or drive it in electric or hybrid mode makes it unfit for purpose.
Unless the vehicle is 100% fixed, I won't be taking delivery.
That is the line I'm taking and very much depends if Ford are able to rectify this fault.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
I have had the patch done to stop the 12v battery draining or going into hibernation.

But every couple of weeks I get the Ford pass message ... remote services have been disabled to conserve battery life .... and then the message your ford is in deep sleep mode .

Any one else keep getting this after the patch had been applied .

Then the car wont open by touch have to click the key fob to open and the infotainment screen takes ages to boot up but all fine after that .

These little niggles plus the major ones are starting to P**s me off now .

PS just had another one as I'm typing ..... maybe torch the car and start again.....or just wait until it self combusts itself

Attachments
Reply Quote

·
Registered
32 Posts
But every couple of weeks I get the Ford pass message ... remote services have been disabled to conserve battery life .... and then the message your ford is in deep sleep mode .
I get that every now and then. Usually when we haven't used the car in a few days. I've put it down as a "feature". Kind of makes sense as no need to keep that functionality "active" if the car thinks you're on holiday or something.

I wasn't aware of not being able to open by touch after it happens. My wife uses the car majority of the time and hasn't mentioned/complained about it.

Prior to the 12v patch (and a Sync3 update) I would receive a notification every minute when it occurred.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Used car every day ...only short journeys though ....but just started playing up again ....going to put 12v battery on charge to see if it goes away ..... my thoughts are as the car has no alternator to charge the battery ...as the charge comes off the high voltage battery once car is started through a dc to dc converter....maybe the software is still not allowing a sufficient voltage/current through to effectively keep the 12v battery topped up ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Hi Guys,

Do you have any update on the last recall? My dealer seems to be quiet about this and just told me not to charge still.
If anyone have any updates please post. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Hi Guys,

Do you have any update on the last recall? My dealer seems to be quiet about this and just told me not to charge still.
If anyone have any updates please post. Thanks.
Still no fix ....everyone waiting....

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Those who have not taken delivery yet and cancelling and getting deposits refunded. You may well have a good case, if you wish, to reject the vehicle as not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
69 Posts
Update of sorts from me. I’m leasing the car so I haven’t been contacted by Ford at all. This is down to me not being the registered owner etc. I phoned Ford who told me they can’t deal with me directly and the leasing company need to raise this with Ford. So I phoned the leasing company and they said just take your car in and it will get fixed. So I phoned dealership where I’m on the list to get this fixed once parts come in. The recall has been put on hold until Ford know how to fix it and what parts are required. Frustrating shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes .. put up and shut up seems to be the order of the day with this issue.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It is a sad state of affairs, with the problems and no updates or an end in sight, it is even more frustrating when no one seems to care. It is true the cars can be rejected direct with the dealer, or if leased or financed with the companies but it is a real shame when it comes to this. It has taken away all the pleasure and excitement of getting a new car and spoils the whole experience. Just hope for you all it doesn’t take to long to resolve and you can all get on and enjoy your new cars.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
69 Posts
It is a sad state of affairs, with the problems and no updates or an end in sight, it is even more frustrating when no one seems to care. It is true the cars can be rejected direct with the dealer, or if leased or financed with the companies but it is a real shame when it comes to this. It has taken away all the pleasure and excitement of getting a new car and spoils the whole experience. Just hope for you all it doesn’t take to long to resolve and you can all get on and enjoy your new cars.
Agreed. It’s too late for me to reject this car now so it’s a case of shut up and put up....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have only booked mine and I am expecting delivery in Dec
I am reading about the Rav4 PHEV which is coming this month end to UK. Now I am thinking should I cancel mine and go to Toyota or hope Ford gets all sorted by Dec

·
Registered
156 Posts
I assume with leasing you can only reject if you haven't received the car yet ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am reading about the Rav4 PHEV which is coming this month end to UK. Now I am thinking should I cancel mine and go to Toyota
I am reading about the Rav4 PHEV which is coming this month end to UK. Now I am thinking should I cancel mine and go to Toyota or hope Ford gets all sorted by Dec
[/QUOTE
December??? I certainly won't be hanging around until then I'm afraid.
This situation is all the more annoying as I really like the Kuga PHEV, I'm still of the opinion that battery problems aside, it's one of the best hybrids available.
I'd be wary of Toyota as they seem to have an abundance of recalls for various defects on their vehicles.
With regard to Ford what's more annoying, is the fact that I sent an email 7 days ago to Ford UK CRC to which I've had no response.
They apparently, according to their website respond within 3 days !
I contacted Ford CRC on Friday last and was assured that I would receive a call from a manager on Monday.
Again, no telephone call or other response has been forthcoming.
Definitely having second thoughts on this purchase if this is the level of customer service from Ford before I've even taken delivery of the vehicle.
Is it really to much to ask that Ford provide updates to their dealerships and customers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a dilemma. We were told if we pre-ordered the kuga, we would probably have to wait till March next year and meantime other manufacturer options appear. We were on the brink of buying a first edition in order to have the vehicle earlier until the recall saga began. Glade delayd. Hope Ford sort the probs out soon

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I would have thought that any of you who have either leased or taken out finance or even paid a deposit or part payment on a credit card, you will have additional rights under our consumer credit laws. It may be worth having a word with them for anyone who wants to reject the car as to what rights you actually do have. It is not like the manufacturer is walking away from the problem but trying to find a solution. That will need to be done in a reasonable time frame. Defining the length of time "reasonable" is could be anyone's guess.

I wonder what the dealers are telling prospective buyers of the PHEV. Is the issue also with the MHEV as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was called by the Ford call centre on Saturday just to confirm that I was aware of the fault and still wasnt plugging in. They said they were working hard and a service provision would be made but couldn't elaborate any further. I have to admit that I have never felt so disappointed in a vehicle that I have owned for such a short time.

·
Registered
2020 ‘70 plate ST-Line X PHEV 1st Edition - assuming it ever arrives!
12 Posts
I contacted Ford Customer Relations to ask for an update and also to query what goodwill Ford intends to show to folks who’ve leased their vehicles or those who (like me) are awaiting delivery via a lease company as a company car.

In a nutshell, they told me to speak to the leasing company. I’d suggested that a free boot liner or spare wheel might have been a nice gesture, but this too seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I’ve been back in touch with the supplying Ford dealer and they’re trying to get an update on progress from their PDI centre (where my car currently is). They’ve not got back to me yet...

As per the suggestion from Ford, I’ve also contacted the lease company. They replied earlier today to say that they couldn’t get hold of any of their contacts at Ford on the phone, so had sent an email.

Perhaps I’m guilty of wishful thinking, but I’d hoped that regular (weekly?) updates would have been forthcoming without the need for constant chasing on my part!

61 - 80 of 149 Posts