Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great news, glad you’ve got a date for the fix - has anyone else got a date - I’ve just spent some time talking to Ford customer relations and was told that they don’t have the schedule yet and couldn’t tell me which month my car would be fixed - only that it would be done by March 2021. I thought that they would have had an idea of when the cars would be fixed as I took delivery in June 2020 and it’s left me a lttle concerned as to how long this is actually going to take - should they not have an idea by now of which cars will be fixed in each month.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer has contacted me this morning to get the car booked in for the battery replacement (I have not been chasing them). Jan 19th is the date and it appears mine will be the first Kuga to have this work carried out at my dealer (I picked up my PHEV in March so would've been one of the first ones on the road I imagine).

I'll update once the fix is done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply - I got a call from the dealer today and the car is going in for the fix first week in February. Look forward to your update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just had a call too - March 19th is when mine is being replaced. Though it's just been in to have the fuel pipe replaced which burst above the heat shield over the exhaust, and is in next week to get the ventilation system sorted (water in the pollen filter)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve had an email this week from my lease broker who have been contacted by the Ford dealer to say my new Kuga should be delivered before end Jan, which I was really surprised to hear! I fully expected to wait till April ... I checked and they said the rectification work has been completed at the factory and vehicle is on its way. It was built in August I believe. Anyone else who is due to take delivery had a similar message ?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
235 Posts
At the factory they have some test equipment to test the original battery so it could be yours was built and the battery was ok.Not all the batteries were defective but all those already on the road have to be replaced for safety and the big test rig to test batteries is not available in the field.Some customers have already got and are driving their new PHEV s with a functional HV battery

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV
5 Posts
My Phev has been on order since August last year through my company car lease provider. Update on 7th Jan was no change to stock date of between 8th Jan and 31st March.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV Titanium Silver
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Happy New Year to all!

After waiting for so long, finally, my Irish dealer called me and got a schedule for a battery replacement 2nd week of February 2021. They said its a 2-3 days work and of course a temporary replacement car offered. They also mentioned that the each battery is specific for each VIN and expect loads of updates to be installed as well. I hope this will end all the miseries!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes all batteries are the same just assigned to the vin. In addition to Etis 1090 updates the drivers side BLIS sensor bracket to be replaced and the cabin filter checked to see if wet if so modified air inlet to fit all sync and map updates latest F9 to be installed, chrome window switches to replace if peeling.Rear parcel shelf clips to replace if needed and window wipers to examine (some reports of not clearing passenger window or going intermittent in constant position) 12v battery to check condition on Midtronics tester if bad replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes all batteries are the same just assigned to the vin. In addition to Etis 1090 updates the drivers side BLIS sensor bracket to be replaced and the cabin filter checked to see if wet if so modified air inlet to fit all sync and map updates latest F9 to be installed, chrome window switches to replace if peeling.Rear parcel shelf clips to replace if needed and window wipers to examine (some reports of not clearing passenger window or going intermittent in constant position) 12v battery to check condition on Midtronics tester if bad replace.
Hi - is all of this work being carried out on all cars that have been recalled or have you requested the extras ? Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most is all updates ,Blis bracket ,cabin filter check ,map updates.system ,updates ,12v battery test.......
but what I would do is if you have any ongoing issues or something that needs looking at tell the dealer Before it goes in for battery swap and I always type a list and leave it on passenger seat for technicians.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most is all updates ,Blis bracket ,cabin filter check ,map updates.system ,updates ,12v battery test.......
but what I would do is if you have any ongoing issues or something that needs looking at tell the dealer Before it goes in for battery swap and I always type a list and leave it on passenger seat for technicians.
Thanks for explaining that - I’ve got one or two other things I’d like them to look at so I’ll contact them before the fix and leave a list.

Reactions: Jizzer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my PHEV dropped back to my house after the HV battery replacement. My dealer picked up the car on Tuesday and left a courtesy car for me to use.
They've updated all the modules in the car, latest maps and also fitted the latest BLIS brackets. During the time they had the car, I received numerous alerts from the Fordpass App with module errors but this must have been caused when the car was getting updated. I also eventually lost complete connectivity with the Fordpass App so had to reactivate it and pair it back to the car when it was returned.

The dealer valeted the car and put 30 litres of fuel in as well. Currently got the car on charge now (as there was only 10% charge in it) and will take it for a drive at the weekend.

Hopefully this is the end of all the issues.

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV
5 Posts
Good news that Ford seem to be rectifying the issues. Hopefully once everyone has their cars running to a standard expected we can all start enjoying the Kuga.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts