Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of you who have ordered through a lease company (excluding the ones mentioned above), has anyone else any offer of compensation whilst we wait for delivery ?
In a bit of a predicament as have ordered a car with a towbar which we need ... so having to start from scratch with another manufacturer is a pain and will have to wait another 3-4 months!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Taken from the Kuga PHEV Facebook page. No idea if it's true or not but wouldn't surprise me if it were...

"At the dealership they have told us that #Ford already has the solution to the problem of the high voltage battery of the #KugaPHEV and that is, change it. As we have been told, they will change the batteries to all cars already manufactured and new #KugaPHEV will not be manufactured until April 2021. Dealer in Spain."

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the 7th October I received an email from Ford saying:

----------------------------------------
As a further gesture of good will, in addition to the 3 years Maintenance service provision communicated to you, we want to acknowledge that the fuel economy of your car may not be what you may have expected when you took delivery of your Kuga PHEV. To that end, we are going to be sending you a fuel card for use at BP and Circle K filling stations to the value of £500 as an appreciation of your loyalty while we work on the solution. Please allow up to 3 weeks for this card to arrive to you via post. The 3 years maintenance service plan will automatically be added to your vehicle and more information, including policy number, will be communicated to you via email shortly.
----------------------------------------

I am a private purchaser so it may different for leased vehicles. And if you use these vouchers, will that amount to a tacit acceptance of the vehicle with its faults, thereby relinquishing any right to subsequently reject the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those of you who have ordered through a lease company (excluding the ones mentioned above), has anyone else any offer of compensation whilst we wait for delivery ?
In a bit of a predicament as have ordered a car with a towbar which we need ... so having to start from scratch with another manufacturer is a pain and will have to wait another 3-4 months!
Mine is leased (company car) and I've had it since July. I believe we will get jack sh*t in terms of compensation. Ford customer service, in their most helpful way, advised me to contact the lease company. The words 'p*ssing' and 'wind' immediately sprung to mind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is leased (company car) and I've had it since July. I believe we will get jack sh*t in terms of compensation. Ford customer service, in their most helpful way, advised me to contact the lease company. The words 'p*ssing' and 'wind' immediately sprung to mind.
Lex told me yesterday they were unaware of the fuel card, they told me to contact Ford, Ford told me to contact Lex, Lex have now raised a complaint to Ford.

Ford have managed to do the worst possible job of not communicating anything to their customers and dont seem to care either. This is my fourth, and quite probably last Ford which is a pity, because the Kuga PHEV is actually a pretty good vehicle...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lex told me yesterday they were unaware of the fuel card, they told me to contact Ford, Ford told me to contact Lex, Lex have now raised a complaint to Ford.

Ford have managed to do the worst possible job of not communicating anything to their customers and dont seem to care either. This is my fourth, and quite probably last Ford which is a pity, because the Kuga PHEV is actually a pretty good vehicle...
Well this is my first Ford ... and they aren’t doing themselves any favours! This should be in management training books for ‘how not to handle a crisis’!

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
220 Posts
Well this is my first Ford ... and they aren’t doing themselves any favours! This should be in management training books for ‘how not to handle a crisis’!
Same from Lex for me Deniability Tennis to you ....to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was 30 minutes away from taking delivery of my Kuga PHEV back in early September. It’s a company car through a lease company and even though the car is registered, they’ve said I can cancel the order if I want to.

Trouble is any replacement I order is unlikely to arrive before Jan 2021. Wonder whether I’m likely to see a fully-fixed Kuga before then?

In some ways, it’s tempting to start again and go with something like an Evoque PHEV, but I wonder if I’m cutting off my nose to spite my face?!
Range Rover Evoque have a PHEV ? What are you waiting for ? Go go...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was one of the first to go to my local Ford in NW London after the recall letter. Purchase Phev 1st Aug, took it in Mid August ! After 6 hours, was told ‘no go, don’t have all the parts, come back next week’
Went back 3rd Sept, after 5 hours was told ‘sorry, no fix yet, not safe to charge, we’ll tell you when to come back’
Unsafe to charge ? I refused to take it, left it there, got a rental. 5 weeks later, mid Oct, I had enough waiting, took my car back and waiting for my £500 voucher.
Unfit for its purpose... tempted to return it and ask for a full refund...

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
80 Posts
Posted on the Facebook group...

Two Updates for Kuga PHEV Customers:
I know a lot of you are rightly asking about progress on the fuel card so I wanted to provide and update on this for you. This has taken longer than originally anticipated, primarily due to the quality and quantity of the data we have on record for addresses for both fleet and retail customers. We now have the vast majority of this resolved so the plan is to mail UK fleet customers cars on 30th October and to UK retail customers on 4th November. Separately, there will be a PIN code which is not mailed with the card for obvious reasons. This will follow shortly after. For fleet customers, this is sadly not particularly easy to explain but I will give it a go. Most cards go direct to the fleet customer themselves as many fleet companies do not share customer details with us and they then distribute to the end user. However, in some cases, we are able to mail direct to customers. As a result, there may be a delay from us mailing to the fleet owner to it arriving with you.
Secondly, I wanted to let you all know that we plan on giving all existing PHEV customers a significant update tomorrow. We have a meeting with all our dealers across Europe beforehand and then from 12pm UK time onwards we hope to be able to email all customers for whom we have an email address. We will follow this up with a letter to every customer. To be fair to our dealer partners, I cannot give more details until we have spoken to them but I wanted to let you know that this is on the way.
Kind regards,
Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 ‘70 plate ST-Line X PHEV 1st Edition - assuming it ever arrives!
24 Posts
Range Rover Evoque have a PHEV ? What are you waiting for ? Go go...
Trouble is an Evoque PHEV is going to set me back c. £200/month more than the Kuga, as I’d have to chip in due to the higher monthly lease cost.
Will wait to hear what the announcement from Ford later today (Friday 30th October) has to say.

Could go for a Kia Niro PHEV for broadly similar money to the Kuga, but I just can’t get excited about that...!

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #257

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
From FB Post:

Important Update Regarding your Kuga PHEV – Please Read
Dear David,

Firstly, Ford prides itself as a family company and we like to think of our customers as a part of that extended family. We are aware that, as part of our family, we have let you down on this occasion. We are committed to make things right with your vehicle which is why I am writing to you.

We have identified that cell contamination in the drive battery system was the cause of the issue that a small number of Kuga PHEV vehicles experienced. Given the potential serious consequences that could arise from this, we have decided to install a new drive battery pack in your vehicle. The vehicle will need to be in a workshop for at least a full day so that we can complete all of the work necessary including all software updates.

Having identified the cause of the concern and solution, we understand that you would like to know how quickly your vehicle will be fixed and I’d like to explain the timing and our commitment to you.

· We will prioritise our work in the order in which the vehicles were purchased.

· Based on the procurement of the parts and planning required with our dealer partners, we anticipate being able to commence work in late December and will continue until all work has been completed, which likely will take until March.

· We are working hard on getting a fix date for your vehicle and we will be in touch towards the end of November with a suggested booking period.

· We will minimise the inconvenience to you by arranging to pick up and deliver your vehicle from your home or place of work and will provide you with a courtesy car whilst yours is being updated should you so require.

· As a goodwill gesture to acknowledge the inconvenience caused to you and loss of the fuel economy benefit you were expecting from your vehicle, you will shortly receive the complementary fuel card as previously communicated.

We do apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced and assure you that we are continuing to work very hard to make things right so that you can enjoy your new Kuga PHEV to the full and in the way that we intended.

In the meantime, please continue to use your car in EV Auto mode and do not use the plug-in charger or use the Sport and Snow/Sand mode while driving. As long as you do this, your vehicle remains safe to drive in EV Auto mode. If you have any other issues with your vehicle, please make sure to directly contact your Ford dealer.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts