Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 200 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Andy Barratt 'leave of absence', may be the last straw of the phrase, 'but they are all like that so its design intent' when Ford designers initially told him there was not a problem with PHEV batteries and he realised the 'it will do culture in Ford'.

Reactions: Psshaw and Les

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
211 Posts
From the face book forum...

Guys, the interim Ford MD Lisa Brankin took time out of her day today to call me and discuss all things recall related. To cut a long story short, there will be an email sent to customers this week giving some further detail around the issue, an update on the timeline to fix and an update on their compensation offer (primarily aimed at retail and not lease customers for now, with slight differences depending on the market you are in). I will post a copy of the email here when it becomes available as not all customers email addresses are on record at Ford. I've also made her aware of some specific member issues in relation to their cars which she was unaware of and appreciated the information. ✊🏻

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
From the face book forum...

Guys, the interim Ford MD Lisa Brankin took time out of her day today to call me and discuss all things recall related. To cut a long story short, there will be an email sent to customers this week giving some further detail around the issue, an update on the timeline to fix and an update on their compensation offer (primarily aimed at retail and not lease customers for now, with slight differences depending on the market you are in). I will post a copy of the email here when it becomes available as not all customers email addresses are on record at Ford. I've also made her aware of some specific member issues in relation to their cars which she was unaware of and appreciated the information. ✊🏻
It will be very informative and important for us to know about the timeline and compensation. Please post the email as soon as you get it. Thanks for your effort!

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
211 Posts
Cant take the credit for this it's a Guy called Colin Hennessy that's in touch with Fords Stand in ....but will post on here when anything occurs ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
That'll be the chap with the review on the ST Line X F/E on YouTube who calls himself Cambridge EV.
Thanks for keeping us updated Jizzer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saw this remark on Twitter:

(Apparently) German dealerships has been told by Ford Cologne that there is still no solution and no plan when one will be available. German dealers have told customers that there will be a delay of 4-6 months for vehicles that have not been delivered.

Meanwhile Ford's silence continues to deafen here...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes definitely 12v battery what have done is jumpstart it out of condition then trickle charge 12v battery overnight.....the ok for a while .....get the dealer to do the software patch..
Just had email from Ford. Could be months, not weeks to sort. In addition to the 3 yrs service they are sending cards to use at BP & Circle K filling stations to the value of £500. A good gesture but still not happy about the wait for the fix.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm quite happy to wait but concerned about increased depreciation. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 ‘70 plate ST-Line X PHEV 1st Edition - assuming it ever arrives!
17 Posts
That initial compensation offer isn’t much cop for a company car user, waiting for delivery of their Kuga.
I get my business mileage reimbursed in line with the HMRC approved fuel rates and I don’t pay for the servicing.

Back to the drawing board Ford, or you risk alienating a good proportion of your customer base, who happen to be company car users.

·
Registered
8 Posts
are you able to share the email? I’d be interested in having it to put to my company car team, as they are sharing the absolute bare minimum at all times.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
UPDATE: Spoke to a Ford Customer Relation and confirmed that they'll be sending letters including the fuel card next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, my journey is over for now. They agreed to cancel today. Our work pool of reallocation cars has a phev Outlander, so shall be having that for a year... maybe next year the Kuga for me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone got a link to the Ford Statement released on 12/08/2020 stating suspension of sales?

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
75 Posts
Those leasing through Rivervale and Lex Auto, I’ve been told we will be getting £750 fuel card direct from Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 249 Posts