Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

As the Ford Kuga PHEV recall in relation to battery fires said to fix the issue by sending parts end of this month.
As we are now near the end August 2020, is there anyone there yet to be called by the dealer to have it fix? or any updates will be highly be appreciated.

Thanks

Indigo.

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Please post in the Mk.3 forums, plenty of threads there.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys,

If anyone who has Kuga PHEV that has been scheduled, contacted or repaired already by your dealer please post here of any updates. I got the letter but dealer seem so hard to reach at this time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys,

If anyone who has Kuga PHEV that has been scheduled, contacted or repaired already by your dealer please post here of any updates. I got the letter but dealer seem so hard to reach at this time.

Thanks.
Hi, I noticed the recall on my Fordpass App - contacted the dealer who said they could take it in the following week at a different branch some miles away but needed the car for the entire day, it's now booked in at the local dealership the week after next.
I've since had a letter from Ford too telling me it needs resolving. This is the second recall I've had.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine went in on the 24th August. I contacted them when reading the news articles, and managed to book in for the day they received parts. From what they told me the dealer has to order the components, and how many they want. Fortunately for me my dealer were on the ball early, doesn't seem like other dealers have been.

It was in for the whole day, because they didn't know how long it would take, but from the activity in the Ford Pass app it doesn't seem it took long to replace.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
80 Posts
Noticed it on my ford pass app, so called the dealer 19 August. They booked me in on 26 August & the job was done within the hour.
Out of interest, where did you get this done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dropped mine off at 9:30 yesterday morning and received a phone call just after 1pm telling me everything was complete! Top job by the guys at TC Harrison in Peterborough.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for the updates. Dealer informed me that mine is booked on the 11 of Sept.
Just out of curiosity, for those who already done, does Ford advise now to use the EV ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dropped mine off at 9:30 yesterday morning and received a phone call just after 1pm telling me everything was complete! Top job by the guys at TC Harrison in Peterborough.
Hi, did they advise you now to use the EV?

·
Registered
23 Posts
All they said was that it's all now sorted and asked what time I would like to collect so they know when to take it off charge!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Guys just to update you with the recall of my Kuga PHEV.
I got an earlier schedule so the process only take about an hour. The service manager said it is now safe to use
the EV at any mode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

As the Ford Kuga PHEV recall in relation to battery fires said to fix the issue by sending parts end of this month.
As we are now near the end August 2020, is there anyone there yet to be called by the dealer to have it fix? or any updates will be highly be appreciated.

Thanks

Indigo.
Hi, we are in the process of ordering The Kuga PHEV (st line first edition) and have just seen the recall details in the press. What exactly is causing the overheating and fire risk? The Dealer did not say much about it. Have to say its made us think twice about buying right now. Maybe better to wait further down the line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I've got a PHEV Kuga and the problem according to Ford is:

Overheating battery cells
The recall notice outlined the cause of the problem as being the potential for water to cause an electrical short, which could then lead to overheated battery cells. ‘Physical damage to the Secondary On-Board Diagnostic Control Module A (SOBDM) and/or the SOBDM connector could allow water ingress to the module, which may cause an electrical short. A short in the SOBDM can potentially cause one or more battery cells to overheat,

I'd read there have been 4 fires out of >20,000 vehicles shipped and it only applies according to Ford to cars built prior to June 26th according to Ford.

I had the repair booked for next Thursday and have just spoken with the dealer this minute and he tells me Ford aren't happy with the repair and are pulling it till they get a better version of it.

@K&FDevon I really like my Kuga - this is a glitch and will get fixed, aside from this it is a great car. I'd lean on the dealer for a discount...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, we are in the process of ordering The Kuga PHEV (st line first edition) and have just seen the recall details in the press. What exactly is causing the overheating and fire risk? The Dealer did not say much about it. Have to say its made us think twice about buying right now. Maybe better to wait further down the line.
I've asked that before taking the car and sorry I was not able to post it here. According to them, it basically just a ventilation where heat now can pass through it and avoid overheating. I am not a mechanic but it only took an hour to do it so that brought me to an observation that it maybe just a "simple kit" or "small parts" they've installed. But again I did not ask that details anymore. Before leaving the Ford garage, they've advised me that it is now safe to charge it and can now use all the EV modes. Hopefully, that re-solved the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I've received an email tonight saying again not to charge. My recall had never gone from the FordPass app so decided to call my dealer around 4pm and they confirmed everything was complete and to carry on as normal. At 19:00 I got an email saying not to charge and to contact customer services. They confirmed the repair wasn't satisfactory and to not charge and only use Auto EV. I asked why the dealer didn't say that and was told the info was only released this afternoon so maybe they wasn't aware but all dealers should know by Monday. So back to square one, slightly frustrated but pleased they reached out and made me aware quickly.

1 - 20 of 278 Posts