Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Ford Kuga MK1 keyfob

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ChristianRazvan 
#1 ·
Hello!

I have a Ford Kuga MK1 2.0 TDCI 2008 and just one Key which stoped locking/unlocking from buttons on the remote , the car starts with key inside.
A brand new key is about 200 Euros and i wonder if anyone knows what Cip and transponder i can use instead of buying a new key from dealer

Thanks!

#3 ·
Nigel it sounds like the battery is in OK as he is able to start the car when the fob is inside the car.

Christian, a long shot. Unlock the car with the working remote, and then immediately try pressing the lock and unlock buttons and hold on the non working remote. Ok this is the sequence for programming the unlocking of the drivers door only or all doors, but see if it wakes things up.

#4 ·
Hello! Thanks for reply!

Well the problem is that i have only one key ( that is the remote also ) and is the kuga with keyless go generation 1 .

After installing forscan i was able to see that i have some dtc's regarding the driver door module so i think water got in there . Another thing regarding this is that when i press the unlock button on the remote the dash is lighting up and because of that i know think that the dash is sending the command to unlock but the driver door module is malfunction. I have attached the Forscan DTC's

Attachments

#6 ·
So your remote is working OK and it may be the drivers door module or water ingress that causing your problem. Has water got in on the passenger side bulkhead around the passenger fuse box. This is a known problem due to incorrect sealant being used in manufacture, so you suffer the consequences and pay for the repair though at 12 year old the Kuga has done well by the sounds of things.

In the UK there are companies that 'cut key's and sell new remote controls at less cost than manufactures, I guess you dont have them in Romania?

#7 ·
Yea it's done well for her age..

We have companies that cut keys and do the programming but the problem is that for this particular keyfob they don't find anywhere except from FORD .
After i searched alot i found it here : Ford 3 Button Smart Remote (1698112) 3M5T 15K601 DC
I'am wondering if i buy a used key i can programm it?

I will keep you updated with the replacement of the driver door module

#8 ·
My Kuga was bought with just one key, rather than buy a spare from Ford. I got a cheaper one, only thing is the keyless start doesn't work. Instead it's unlock car, then put key in the ignition barrel (it's normally covered by a plastic panel) push it right down (often quite tight to push it to full depth), then press the start button (don't twist the key in the barrel) This all needs to be done in 30s or so before the alarm goes off.

It's not as easy as the keyless start but I didn't want to spend on a spare which is for emergency. Whether this is worth the hassle, essentially it's compatible with the previous variant of ford key

#9 ·
Well there are cheaper variants than dealer, I found one but now I still wait for good weather to remove the door panel to check the driver door module.
And , like you, I don't think I really need a second remote....only when I am with the wife and baby it's useful to have both hands free.

For Kuga key ( just the remote ) :

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.