Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Removable Tow Bars as well (mine has been fitted before the Sales Hold) and hopefully I pick the car up tomorrow afternoon if the bodyshop gets the roof rails fitted in time.

I have also had dealer fit parking sensors added (following reports that there is a blind spot reversing).

One work of warning on the roof rails. At the moment you have to have roof rails to fit roof bars (so I can use my Roof Box) but the roof rails are a major job and cost the earth in labour.

Anyone who wants to have have roof rails, get them factory fitted as the labour costs for retrofitting are expensive.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Talking of dog guards, I have a large athletic Labrador but I have to cover the boot sill with a towel when he jumps in as he has great big claws and I don't fancy big scratches in the paintwork. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a product that protects it? I don't think the rigid plastc boot liner extends over the edge does it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
championkuga said:
Talking of dog guards, I have a large athletic Labrador but I have to cover the boot sill with a towel when he jumps in as he has great big claws and I don't fancy big scratches in the paintwork. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a product that protects it? I don't think the rigid plastc boot liner extends over the edge does it?
I have Armorfend on my Focus RS - up close you can see the protective film, but it is unoticeable under normal circumstances. I drove down to their workshop in Essex to get it done.

I have left them an e-mail to see if they will do panels for the Kuga, but they haven't replied

http://www.armourfend.com

·
Registered
227 Posts
Having finally picked up Kenny (sorry I pinched that name from one of you guys!
)... One of the first concerns I have is of how the kids & dogs are going to scuff the paintwork getting in and out of the back and boot respectively. Has anyone else any experience with clearprotective film?

·
Registered
51 Posts
championkuga said:

Hi championkuga

I found a site selling bumper bibs (trade name) - just google it - it takes you straight there. They are a great idea which attach to the boot carpet with velcro and roll away when not needed - think I might treat conan to one myself!!! Hope this helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got a very lazy Great Dane,
I got 2 cheap rubber mats from Tesco, £2 each. stuck sticky back velcro on them, which sticks to the carpet in the boot. Does the same job as the bumper-bits thingy!

·
Registered
227 Posts
N1 Coast Lady... I've just ordered one too! Looks like it would be good for pullin a supermarket trolley up to the back of the car aswel as for letting the dogs in & out.

Just need a solution for the kids getting in and out of the back doors. They're only little and it's a bit of a scramble for them and I cringe every time!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.