Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Removable Tow Bars as well (mine has been fitted before the Sales Hold) and hopefully I pick the car up tomorrow afternoon if the bodyshop gets the roof rails fitted in time.

I have also had dealer fit parking sensors added (following reports that there is a blind spot reversing).

One work of warning on the roof rails. At the moment you have to have roof rails to fit roof bars (so I can use my Roof Box) but the roof rails are a major job and cost the earth in labour.

Anyone who wants to have have roof rails, get them factory fitted as the labour costs for retrofitting are expensive.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Talking of dog guards, I have a large athletic Labrador but I have to cover the boot sill with a towel when he jumps in as he has great big claws and I don't fancy big scratches in the paintwork. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a product that protects it? I don't think the rigid plastc boot liner extends over the edge does it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
championkuga said:
Talking of dog guards, I have a large athletic Labrador but I have to cover the boot sill with a towel when he jumps in as he has great big claws and I don't fancy big scratches in the paintwork. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a product that protects it? I don't think the rigid plastc boot liner extends over the edge does it?
I have Armorfend on my Focus RS - up close you can see the protective film, but it is unoticeable under normal circumstances. I drove down to their workshop in Essex to get it done.

I have left them an e-mail to see if they will do panels for the Kuga, but they haven't replied

http://www.armourfend.com

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<H1>Go on to Halfords web site and check it out very good </H1>
<H1></H1>
<H1>itemcode: 821074-0 Halfords Advanced Mesh Headrest Dog Guard </H1>

·
Registered
227 Posts
I looked at that one, but quickly dismissed it as it looked fiddly for folding down the seats. Is it quite quick and easy to remove and replace would you say? And how about the fit? Thx

·
Registered
227 Posts
Having finally picked up Kenny (sorry I pinched that name from one of you guys!
)... One of the first concerns I have is of how the kids & dogs are going to scuff the paintwork getting in and out of the back and boot respectively. Has anyone else any experience with clearprotective film?

·
Registered
51 Posts
championkuga said:

Hi championkuga

I found a site selling bumper bibs (trade name) - just google it - it takes you straight there. They are a great idea which attach to the boot carpet with velcro and roll away when not needed - think I might treat conan to one myself!!! Hope this helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got a very lazy Great Dane,
I got 2 cheap rubber mats from Tesco, £2 each. stuck sticky back velcro on them, which sticks to the carpet in the boot. Does the same job as the bumper-bits thingy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
championkuga said:
I've just had a look and that is exactly what I need. Thank you so much.

PS Is it Conan the Kuga or Conan the dog? A brilliant name for both!

Conan the Kuga - big muscly & very sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
N1 Coast Lady... I've just ordered one too! Looks like it would be good for pullin a supermarket trolley up to the back of the car aswel as for letting the dogs in & out.

Just need a solution for the kids getting in and out of the back doors. They're only little and it's a bit of a scramble for them and I cringe every time!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts