Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
I love my Kuga seat, last year we did Colchester to Lands End, towing, and I was easily able to cope with only a fuel stop at Sparkford and a pause for 10 mins at Launceston- 8 hours driving time. Coming back it was 10 hours due to M25 probs, but still very able to cope...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I find the "Leather seats" in my Tit X a little uncomfortable after about an hour of non stop driving, In the summer they do make you sweat but winter with heat on they are great.
The ride on my 19inch 235/45/19 is a nice ride and holds the corners really well.

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
The last time I had a Vauxhall was in 1990 on a new Astra. Vowed I’d never have another Vauxhall and haven’t.

I’ve driving from St Malo, France, to Calais, ferry, Dover to Wakefield and never had any issues with the mk2.5 Seats. Mk1 use to kill me though. Just find them right for me.

Of course this is my own opinion and will no doubt not reflect what others feel, so don’t get upset or cranky, it’s just my observations from experience.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I said I would never buy another Vauxhall either since owing a Vectra on an N plate, whatever year that was, 1995 maybe. It was on of the first ones. Constant problems with cam sensor or crank sensor and 6 years later same problem on the vectras where I worked. I bought the car with 30k on the clock and by 70k it was ready for the scrap yard. Not a good car but purchased from Paul Dixon car sales and luckily it came with a 3 year warranty. It needed it. Then in 2017 we bought a Mokka. It's not a bad car to be fair and we were thinking about swapping it (wife's car) but for what. Nothing really comes close for what you get for the money. The ford EcoSport which could be an option just looks hideous. Facelift one is an improvement but who thought it was a good idea to have the tailgate side hung. I can just see the wife swearing at wanting to get in the boot when someone has parked close. Not really sure what ford where thinking of with the design of the EcoSport as it's a market they could conquer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
This month done monster miles in the Kuga, 2100. Yesterday did 477 in one shift.
I reset trip computer 2 at start of month and today says 55 hrs and counting.
I find the seat comfy for long journeys, but do have the back quite steep.

I love Vauxhalls as well, as long as crushed in a cube on the back of a truck. Never improved. But in the South East they love them for some reason.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Took the test drive to see how i got on with the Kuga, and i found it great, so good i finished up buying it. I was more interested in the feel and the drive, so i will try to check the goodies out when i get it home. Picking it up later in the week, so i have a feeling, you all maybe hearing more from me.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Always good to hear.
If you have questions, ask away.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I love Vauxhalls as well, as long as crushed in a cube on the back of a truck. Never improved. But in the South East they love them for some reason.
[/QUOTE]

I took a Vauxhall Angara for a spin. Must have been the worst modern car I have ever driven.

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
Surely the reg stats show something here... Back in the day, Ford and Vauxhall were always duking it out for 1,2,3,4 in the monthly stats... Not any more, rarely is a Vauxhall in the top 10, and if it is it isn't at a top spot...

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Last good Vauxhall was the Mokka and then PSA took over. Owners (including me) fled in droves as the replacements would simply be Peugeots in ;poor quality clothes'.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
There seems to be a lot of Mokka's, Corsa's and Astra's on the road so not sure why they don't have anything up there.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sales figures are a con..!

A friend of mine at one point was a car wholesaler, and a well known French make (begins with R) deliberately registered a whole load of cars (*ilo) to get the 'sales' figures up.

Sat on his desk about 200 log books for cars that were never made. According to DVLA been scrapped, export or SORN, NOT one got it's 1st MOT. Opened my eyes. Pay to register a car x 2000 + just the beat the sales chart.

Sales figure done by registrations (DVLA) not by vat receipts.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Last good Vauxhall was the Mokka and then PSA took over. Owners (including me) fled in droves as the replacements would simply be Peugeots in ;poor quality clothes'.
Haven't Vauxhall and Peugeot always been under the General Motors banner anyway. I am sure Peugeot have made some good cars at some point. Give me a month and I might be able to come up with one, maybe two if I push myself haha.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Peugeot Groupe PSA) was always independent of GM but did ownTalbot in the UK and. of course, Citroen in France.

They took over Vauxhall/Opel from GM in 2017 and all new 'Vauxhall' and 'Opel' cars will be based on PSA platforms. The Crosslandis a reskinned 2008and the Grandland is a 3008 in a less stylish suit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had the PSA Diesel engine in my Disco Sport, as it was one of the first ones before JLR built their own engine. It was really noisy but was well proven.

·
Registered
655 Posts
PSA engines from my experience are good as long as looked after. Oil changes, not run low on oil, RIGHT oil and clean fuel. Do that they will last.

The JLR engine, for the range now (Ingenium engine) did have its own teething problems, ALL stem from long oil change intervals.

Back to Vauxhall bashing - one of my favourite sports, 1.2 petrol 3 cylinder. Timing chains wear or snap at 30,000 miles. My mountain bike has a better chain and I can't rev to 5,000 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
I might have the record for a Vauxhall timing chain.
170 (not 170000 but 170) miles on the clock in a 24v Vauxhall Senator (new company car) when the belt 'let go' trashing the engine on the A338 approaching the main roundabout just before you hit Bournemouth. I even made the traffic news as the car wouldn't come out of gear either and had to be lifted.

·
Registered
655 Posts
As a Super Moderator NigelB am I allowed to say Vauxhalls are ................. ?

Reactions: Les

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
As a Super Moderator NigelB am I allowed to say Vauxhalls are ................. ?
You could try :ROFLMAO:

I had a Mokka for three years and it had not a single fault, not even a bulb or a fuse. It also had the best seats in any car I have ever owned Conversely every Vauxhall company car I had was a pile of sh*t.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
You could try :ROFLMAO:

I had a Mokka for three years and it had not a single fault, not even a bulb or a fuse. It also had the best seats in any car I have ever owned Conversely every Vauxhall company car I had was a pile of sh*t.
Have you forgotten about the battery or were you not classing that as a Vauxhall issue, which technically it isn't as Vauxhall don't make batteries.

You are trying to argue a point with someone who rides an Italian motorcycle lol. Sorry Guzzilazz, a very tongue in cheek comment posted with a big smile on my face......

I actually quite like the Mokka. A very highly specified car for a good price and so so much better in possibly every way when comparing it to the awful looking EcoSport. I showed one to the wife who had a 12 plate fiesta at the time and it was her who noticed it is the same interior as the fiesta and she said how can ford take something as nice looking as the fiesta and turn it into that. We bought a 66 plate Mokka.

The only issue I have with the Mokka is it has a tiny oil leak. So tiny it doesn't use any oil but it has sprayed a mist coat all over the top of the engine and the bulkhead.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts