Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2018 ST Line X Magnetic Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am new to this forum, and i will admit,i do not own a Kuga, but hopefully about to change,
My ageing bad back, is forcing the issue. I have started to look at Kugas around the age
that i pointed out. I hope by asking the very people, that own these cars, i will get a more
unbiased opinion.

I have looked at the BMW, AUDI, but they seem to be holding a premium. The Kuga
comes across has a good option. Can i ask about service intervals, costs, silly things
like Sat Nav updates. Things that may annoy. I prefer the 2.0 Diesel with a Automatic
gearbox, and the higher the spec. the better.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should of said 2016/17/18

·
Registered
2018 ST line 2.0 tdci (120 ?)
40 Posts
As a fellow bad backer you are making a good choice. I drove everything in this class and comfort wise for me the Kuga to my surprise was the best.

General yearly costs are I would say average. The MPG isn't the best and you will see plenty of posts about that. Im getting similar to what I was getting in my E350cdi

People seem to struggle with sync (nav) updates but personally for me I've had no issues. Park outside the house connect to WiFi and let it do its thing.

There is a variant on the 2.0tdci (17/18 I believe) where its a 120hp version. There's a lot of scaremongering around that engine but it's what I have and for day to day it's perfectly adequate. Towing might be an issue but im not of that age yet.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.
For a quick and great response. The variant i am thinking of looking at would be the 180bhp. The car i suffer to drive at the moment is a quite high specced car, so i would like to keep the features i have. I believe that puts me into the Sports x version or the Vignale. Can i ask what the situation is with regard to the Sat Nav Updates, with my present car they are very expensive, and infact just use my phone.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah ST line X and vignale are the top two. Updates are free with ford however I use Waze with Android auto so not something I would be bothered to much over

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Go for a long test drive as some people complain the seats are uncomfortable. I've got arthritis in my spine and have the top of the range powered leather seats- I found the electric lumbar support a strange shape and have wound it fully in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have my spine fused and find the Kuga seats excellent. The Vignale electric seat on the Mk2.5 is better than the Mk2 manual seat on my old Kuga but both were better than the Kia Sportage that the first Kuga replaced.

Reactions: tsmiggy and trix

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have a 2.0 TDCI AWD 180 titanium have a look around to see what you can get,,mine is full of extras ,,a mate has the same as mine 2017 titanium (but a 150 TDCI version) but no sunroof,no heated steering wheel,no parking aid.etc,,,so have a good look at what spec is actually on the vehicle,,,I used Evans Halshaw website for used kuga,,I had it brought to Wales from I think Blackburn (but was registered in Essex).
some might have more spec than others,,so shop around...good luck.

Ross

Reactions: tsmiggy

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
I have a Vignale, heated leather seats. They are very comfy and the drivers side has a lumbar support, which I have out just a touch (also have dodgey back at times). Heated seats are ace and if you can keep them on long enough the heat travels up the seat back and is rather pleasant.

2ltr diesel for me awd 180 powershift. No issues so far. I cannot find another motor that has the same kit for what we paid.

Personal choice of course, sat nav for me was PITA but once Ford got their act together the last few have been straight forward but time consuming and transfer via WiFi has never worked, so usb and laptop for me.

Reactions: tsmiggy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank for your great responses, and making me feel like i am at home amongst you fellow back suffers. At the moment i have my eyes on a couple of ST LINE X, but they are not close to me, so trying to get some feedback on a p/e for mine, before i proceed. Still yet to drive one of course.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
At the moment i have my eyes on a couple of ST LINE X
Keep in mind the ST Line will have the slightly lower "sports" suspension. I haven't been in one, but the ride will be different to the normal models. Just mentioning in case your back is affected by the vehicle's ride comfort.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank for your great responses, and making me feel like i am at home amongst you fellow back suffers. At the moment i have my eyes on a couple of ST LINE X, but they are not close to me, so trying to get some feedback on a p/e for mine, before i proceed. Still yet to drive one of course.
Find one at a local dealer and get a test drive buddy.

Keep in mind the ST Line will have the slightly lower "sports" suspension. I haven't been in one, but the ride will be different to the normal models. Just mentioning in case your back is affected by the vehicle's ride comfort.
On UK cars you can barely notice the difference in ride height (brother in law has the Titanium X) and having driven his many times I wouldn't say the ride is any softer then my ST line

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem i am experiencing, is that none of my local dealers have the ST LINE X, so i am having to look further afield. I could see what models they do have, and accept that the drive and ride would have little difference. The other alternative is wait until the new registrations come out, and maybe more may appear on the second market, or may be not. Oddly i do have two large Ford Dealers close by.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure the listed difference in suspension is the ST line and ST line X so look the normal line. It may not have the full toys but driving wise will answer some questions.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The differences between "normal" (Trend, Titanium, Vignale) and "sport" (ST-L, ST-X) suspension is minus 1cm height/ground clearance, slightly stiffer shocks and thicker anti-rolls/sways. You have to pull out the meter to actually measure the 1cm difference, and you have to really push the car around corners to feel the difference of the sway-bars.

Reactions: trix

·
Registered
40 Posts
The differences between "normal" (Trend, Titanium, Vignale) and "sport" (ST-L, ST-X) suspension is minus 1cm height/ground clearance, slightly stiffer shocks and thicker anti-rolls/sways. You have to pull out the meter to actually measure the 1cm difference, and you have to really push the car around corners to feel the difference of the sway-bars.
Yeah it's very negligible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have managed to find one close to me, it is a ST LINE, but it is a 150bhp, not the 180bhp. Do you guys feel it is still worth having a test drive in this one to get a over all feel.

Thanks Tony

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
I bloody hate throwing a spanner in the works but the Kuga seats are not a patch on the AGR seats that Peugeot/Vauxhall fit in the 3008 /Grandland.

I find the seats in my Kuga don't feel comfortable after a few hours whereas the AGR seats that I had in my Mokka (car before the Kuga) enabled a 1250km drive across France with not even a twinges from my back or buggered knees.

Might be worth a (cursory) look.

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
I have managed to find one close to me, it is a ST LINE, but it is a 150bhp, not the 180bhp. Do you guys feel it is still worth having a test drive in this one to get a over all feel.

Thanks Tony
I drive a 150... and tow 1500kgs of caravan with it... Absolutely fine for power. Wouldn't mind a 180 though :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I bloody hate throwing a spanner in the works but the Kuga seats are not a patch on the AGR seats that Peugeot/Vauxhall fit in the 3008 /Grandland.

I find the seats in my Kuga don't feel comfortable after a few hours whereas the AGR seats that I had in my Mokka (car before the Kuga) enabled a 1250km drive across France with not even a twinges from my back or buggered knees.

Might be worth a (cursory) look.
I couldn't agree more regarding the Mokka seats but my wife prefers the Kuga seats. Could be down to height, weight and gender lol.

Farthest I been in both is only a couple of hours in both but I certainly don't find the Kuga seats uncomfortable, I just prefer the Mokka especially in winter as they are heated.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts