Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
`I am a ford kuga 1.5 ecoboost 2017 owner and im trying to remap ecu .Firstly I tried with a dealer of pumaspeed and i didn't make it because he told me that the car has different ecu in this model.Now I am trying with superchips and they told me that they are sure the car has only one ecu and they can do the remaping with no problem.The type of ecu is FV6A-12B684-BB.Im from Greece and im reluctant to order this program can somebody advice me please?with regards new member Savito

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am sure a certain member who lives in Greece will pick this up but if he doesn't then look him up on here. He goes by the following name.

The Ace

I think he has same engine as you and should know what is and isn't available in Greece.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure a certain member who lives in Greece will pick this up but if he doesn't then look him up on here. He goes by the following name.

The Ace

I think he has same engine as you and should know what is and isn't available in Greece.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks a lot smartguy69

·
Registered
663 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Savito is a fellow member of the Club Ford Hellas and we have already discussed this issue :D :D :D

It seems that Puma (or most likely the dealer) are uncertain of the ECU type in the Kuga, and the process fails to upload the upgraded PCM. As far as I can tell, the local dealer has made an assumption of the ECU type and version based on another Ford model, so I'm guessing this has more to do with the dealer's poor assumption rather than Puma's remap.

On the other hand, I know of a few Kugas that have been remapped by Rica (or rather, their local dealer), so it's perfectly doable, no matter the ECU type or version. And I'm also fairly certain that Superchips will be able to remap the Kuga, no matter the ECU type and version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm not mistaken, Savito is a fellow member of the Club Ford Hellas and we have already discussed this issue :D :D :D

It seems that Puma (or most likely the dealer) are uncertain of the ECU type in the Kuga, and the process fails to upload the upgraded PCM. As far as I can tell, the local dealer has made an assumption of the ECU type and version based on another Ford model, so I'm guessing this has more to do with the dealer's poor assumption rather than Puma's remap.

On the other hand, I know of a few Kugas that have been remapped by Rica (or rather, their local dealer), so it's perfectly doable, no matter the ECU type or version. And I'm also fairly certain that Superchips will be able to remap the Kuga, no matter the ECU type and version.
Thanks again my friend Antony

·
Registered
122 Posts
Superchips Bluefin is all you need. I have had it installed on my Kuga ST-Line 1.5 Ecoboost 150PS after 2 weeks of ownership and has been running perfectly since. It is now a hot hatch Kuga or at the very least a warm hatch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Superchips Bluefin is all you need. I have had it installed on my Kuga ST-Line 1.5 Ecoboost 150PS after 2 weeks of ownership and has been running perfectly since. It is now a hot hatch Kuga or at the very least a warm hatch!
Τhanks a lot i am ready to order from superchips

·
Registered
122 Posts
20% off at the moment too - bargain! It's only £319 plus P&P!

·
Registered
122 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I almost kept up with a Focus ST (250PS) model a few months ago and the Kuga is a much heavier car too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't want to sound like a sour puss but I was rather dissapointed with the bluefin - noticed
very little difference, Bye the way , they will charge you 35 pounds for post.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Really? You should have noticed a massive gain in power from 120PS to 200PS!??? The power band doesn't kick in until at least 2000rpm otherwise you won't notice it! I noticed a massive difference in torque too through the gears it goes like a rocket handy for overtaking.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's because our dutch fellow Kuga owner, as per his own declaration, seldomly uses the upper third of the rpm range and respective power band, prefering to drive in the low- to mid-rpms. So in effect he hasn't witnessed the major diffrerence a remap does, which is really noticeable in mid and high rpms. Every single one of the guys I know who own a Kuga and have had it remapped, say what a huge difference it made, and that it should have come like that from the factory.

I can't vouch for the Kuga, but I can definitely say that the bluefin in my Fiesta (1.0) has completely transformed (i.e. vastly improved) the performance of the car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i ordered bluefin from superchips.Ι get my order very soon only 2 days and i placed the new program very easy and guickly 20minutes.The remaping for this car is unbelievable,my car was transformed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts