Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm going to buy a 2016 66 reg - Ford Kuga 2.0 Titanium X Sport with 22,000 miles.

I want to get an extended warranty and OMG - it's a mine field!!!!

I'm hesitant to go with the one from the dealership but then after reading so much stuff - I really don't know what to go for.

Can anyone give me some advice on a good extended warranty provider.

My gut instinct is - that they all want your money but find every way to riggle out of paying when you need to claim.

Regards,

Dave.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you buy an independant warranty you will find that most of them do not pay for main dealer repairs you have to go to approved garages.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi All,

I'm going to buy a 2016 66 reg - Ford Kuga 2.0 Titanium X Sport with 22,000 miles.

I want to get an extended warranty and OMG - it's a mine field!!!!

I'm hesitant to go with the one from the dealership but then after reading so much stuff - I really don't know what to go for.

Can anyone give me some advice on a good extended warranty provider.

My gut instinct is - that they all want your money but find every way to riggle out of paying when you need to claim.

Regards,

Dave.
Is it manual or automatic.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I only recently found out that the extended warranty I purchased was not a Ford one as I was led to believe, but the dealers own one. It also details in the small print that you have to have the car serviced by them to qualify for the warranty. Just in the process of writing to them to ask for a refund due to mis selling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
All insurance backed policy will insist on a yearly service at any VAT regestered company, and they may set a limit according to what level you pick have been there and got the tshirt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it really is a friggin nightmare honestly!

You want to do the "right thing" to protect the car and be willing to pay money for that right but it's as clear as mud

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought from Ford themselves, not dealer, a Ford Protect Gold at £248 for this year.
Covers mechanical or electrical failure and includes Syn3 entertainment unit.
MOT insurance and AA roadside Assistance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke to Ford Protect and they only do the Gold cover - I plan to print of the T&C's and go over that - the quote they provide is custom based on the make / model / age and mileage of the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
In the good old days these had to be called "mechanical breakdown insurance" and you need to think of that phrase. It's never like the original manufacturer warranty

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Out of interest, how long a warranty is the dealer offering. I purchased my Kuga from a Mitsubishi dealership and it came with their own used car warranty. Whilst I accept that these are sometimes underwritten by insurance companies, it was for 12 months and was also the same period when I bought a car from our Hyundai dealership. It puts the ford and other dealerships in our city to shame where they only offer 3 months.

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 4x4
93 Posts
I bought my 66 plate in Feburary It came with 3 months free from the dealer so if i was to buy a 12 month i would only actually paying for 9, the battery packed up just before lock down and I was mad to find out that it wasnt covered, although I spoke to the sales manager and he said he would reimburse me when the dealer reopened.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought from Ford themselves, not dealer, a Ford Protect Gold at £248 for this year.
Covers mechanical or electrical failure and includes Syn3 entertainment unit.
MOT insurance and AA roadside Assistance.
Thats what I did when I bought mine a couple of months back, exactly the same Ford Gold Protect, but for 3 years £900-ish (ish because price haggling to get the deal I wanted lol) I did do a monthly paid service plan along with that (£15 a month). Already made 2 claims for wiper sensing issue and sticky rear electric window. No fuss at the dealers, done right away, no fee just as you would hope

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Ford warranty at one time excluded any wiring faults so be careful. I extended with waranty direct and they have an option to include wiring and entertainment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Except for manufacture warranty extended warranties are insurance based and we all now how they work, pay then argue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've decided I'm going to purchase the Ford Protect Gold - I had a quote and it's for £224 for a year and that comes with the MOT insurance and break down cover etc - seems not a bad deal to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts