Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Ford kuga 2011 titanium auto
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just upgraded my kuga stereo to a xtrons PA77QSFP-S. Ive had it installed professionally with a reverse camera and i can honestly say its horrible. The sony one i had in already was much clearer i only bought it for the reverse camera. Can anyone recommend a good replacement that doesn't drop the dab signal every second. So i can use the reverse camera I've payed to be wired in. Thanks in advance 馃檪

Registered
Hi i have just upgraded my kuga stereo to a xtrons PA77QSFP-S. Ive had it installed professionally with a reverse camera and i can honestly say its horrible. The sony one i had in already was much clearer i only bought it for the reverse camera. Can anyone recommend a good replacement that doesn't drop the dab signal every second. So i can use the reverse camera I've payed to be wired in. Thanks in advance 馃檪
I've fitted a couple of these before..
Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB
worked perfectly and with the correct interface cables, can use the Kugas remote control etc. it'll probably need an aerial converter to change the Kugas KAKRA connector to DIN.. other than that, should be straightforwards

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thanks i will have a look these Android stereos are rubbish not worth the money. 馃檪馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
agreed....
Ive found the Pioneer stuff to be VERY good quality. sounds awesome and in general does everything that I require. I also like the CARPLAY interface.
I ended up buying this but don't know if it will just fit straight in. The shop wanted to charge me a further 拢100 for the bus and all the wires Pioneer AVH-A3100DAB

Registered
You should already have the double din facia converter for your android headunit? I'd imagine this will also have the cable interface for the joystick remote??? good chance they'll fit the pioneer unit.
if not: LINK and probably one of these (again if the android unit doesn't have one already...Aerial

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You should already have the double din facia converter for your android headunit? I'd imagine this will also have the cable interface for the joystick remote??? good chance they'll fit the pioneer unit.
if not: LINK and probably one of these (again if the android unit doesn't have one already...Aerial
Thanks for your help i might be back when it arrives for more advice 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
So i got the radio and wiring kit today and tried to fit all works great apart from the reverse camera. There is no power wire on the radio side to connect it. Ive tried putting it in the ignition switch wire but the camera stayed on all the time because the lights on the back of the camera are on as soon as i start the car 馃檨

Registered
Think you would need to wire it too the same live as the reverse lights, That way as soon as you place the car in reverse the lights come on and so would the camera.
Sounds about right to me doing it that way.
But am sure a proper person with an electrical back ground would know better.

Registered
Think you would need to wire it too the same live as the reverse lights, That way as soon as you place the car in reverse the lights come on and so would the camera.
Sounds about right to me doing it that way.
But am sure a proper person with an electrical back ground would know better.
That's exactly what Id do..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts