Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Super Moderator
Howdy 馃憤.

Moved to the correct Section for you.

Im guessing it鈥檚 a manual gearbox and the fact you can push start it and there is no very high pitched screaming, suggesting the starter motor isn鈥檛 stuck in the flywheel.

Then basis stuff I guess.

Is the battery charged enough and how old is that battery?

Check starter fuse?

Possible push starter button fault?

Faulty starter motor/solenoid. Not sure if they are built in or not.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
First thing I would check is the battery terminals are clean and tight, check the condition of the battery by taking it to somewhere like ATS who can do a proper drop test / simulated load test and then check that the starter motor mounting bolts are not rusty as it earth's through the starter bolts.

Reactions: davidoff

The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
You have written "Basically I press the start button the dash lights come on,but it doesn't turn over." Have you pressed the clutch as well,,as you have not mentioned doing that.,,I guess you have done that as well..just trying to be helpful and not trying to be rude.

Super Moderator
We all have to assume a few things and I usually stay away from stating/asking the obvious. As I was once called out for doing that.

Anyway

That鈥檚 why it benefits us all when people would go into detail. Like how long they owned it, mileage model etc etc.

Let鈥檚 see what the replies are. 馃憤

The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
We all have to assume a few things and I usually stay away from stating/asking the obvious. As I was once called out for doing that.

Anyway

That鈥檚 why it benefits us all when people would go into detail. Like how long they owned it, mileage model etc etc.

Let鈥檚 see what the replies are. 馃憤
I know what you mean,it does sound obvious he has done the both things,but I had to ask,,if I didn鈥檛 some one else might have,,If I am called out for asking,,so be it ,I won鈥檛 try and help again.simple.

Reactions: Psshaw

Super Moderator
@Ross J I know where your coming from and we are on the same page. Sometimes I just want to put text in Caps, Italic and underlined so they know I鈥檓 irate about it.

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
I know what you mean,it does sound obvious he has done the both things,but I had to ask,,if I didn鈥檛 some one else might have,,If I am called out for asking,,so be it ,I won鈥檛 try and help again.simple.
How dare you ask if he depressed the clutch 馃ぃ

Mr. Happy. 鈥淪weet Cheeks鈥
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
Remember a single press will illuminate the dash, But it has to be pressed hard to get it to turn over WITH the clutch depressed ( As RossJ has said).
If the op has had the car for some time he will know all this, But just in case he's JUST got the motor.

Reactions: Ross J

Registered
Mk1 2009 Kuga 2.0 Titanium AWD
Did you try holding down both the clutch and the brake pedal before pressing the start button?
To rule out if the clutch pedal switch is faulty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts