Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are pleased to be able to offer Ford Genuine Kuga daytime running light kits from £199.99 delivered to your door!

The kits comprise of the original factory fit DRL units plus trim bezels, wiring and fitting instructions.

Fitting time is around 1 hour and works in compliment with all headlight systems, automatically dimming when the main lights are activated.

For £199.99 you will receive the kit including PRIMER coated bezels that will need to be sprayed to suit your car.

We can also supply the correct touch up spray can to do the job for £10.00. Please email your full registration number so that we can check the colour.

We also offer the following pre-painted kits for£265.00 including home delivery.

Panther black
Moondust silver
Lunar sky
Midnight sky
Dark micastone
Frozen white
Ice white

The primer kits are generally in stock available for immediate dispatch but the pre-painted kits need to be specially ordered which take 7 - 10 days.

If demand for the pre-painted kits is high enough we will be able to stock them for next day delivery.

Payment can be sent via PayPal to [email protected] or we also accept credit / debit cards over the phone on 02380 242687.

Please include your full registration number on all orders / payments to ensure we supply the correct kit for your car.

Any questions please PM or email [email protected]

Nick
You can check the DRL kits out on our Hendy eBay store here

Edited by: hendyeshop

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see the last post for these is from last year. Are these still available? I could be possibly interested in the kit with the panther black per painted kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've purchased my DRL's from Hendy Group via eBay - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Being one of the only Kuga's in Australia to even have the DRL fitted here (Ford do not offer a variety of options in Australia, grrr), it was great to know that Hendy Group were happy to send it down to me via UPS and arriving safe and sound!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello to all,what are day running lights for, if you want your lights on in the day, why not just turn them on?
I must be missing something, I know nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Fortress said:
hello to all,what are day running lights for, if you want your lights on in the day, why not just turn them on?
I must be missing something, I know nothing.
DLRs are now a legal requirement on all new models launched after Feb 2011 and are intentionally separate from the main headlights.http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/legislation-regarding-daylight-running-lights_topic6475.html

However for some folk DLRs are also a nice addition to their vehicles so there's plenty of retro fit options for the Mk1 Kuga where the DLRs aren't fitted as standard (unless you purchased the very last versions of the Titanium X).
http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/all-daytime-running-lights-discussion-info_topic2924.html

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
233 Posts
Question ,why is it all the new Police vehicle,s 62 and 13 plates do not have them fitted if it is a legal requirement ? SB

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
SILVERBACK said:
Question ,why is it all the new Police vehicle,s 62 and 13 plates do not have them fitted if it is a legal requirement ? SB
I guess it depends on when the particular vehicle they're driving was launched/homologised. They could be driving 62 & 13 plated models that were launched prior to Feb 2011.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/legislation-regarding-daylight-running-lights_topic6475.html

Where you'll find the following:
European Union Directive 2008/89/EC requires all passenger cars and small delivery vans<b style="line-height: 1.4;">first type approved on or after 7 February 2011[/B]in the EU to come equipped with daytime running lights. The mandate will extend to trucks and buses in August 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lights

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi is there a lower separate cost for the DRLs alone, some scumbag stole mine on Christmas day. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
823 Posts
PortKuga said:
Hi is there a lower separate cost for the DRLs alone, some scumbag stole mine on Christmas day. Thanks in advance.
I bought and fitted a pair of Italian (I think) units about 4 years ago. They have slightly warped and although still working don't enhance the car any more. They are wired to dim when sidelights or headlights are on so I don't require drivers or wiring...just the units.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I think at that price Trevor they will be rubbish.

Seriously, the components in each DRL are not cheap, a single LED that's used in the Ford DRL to produce that light can cost £5 or £6 then they have to assembled and then everyone in the chain has to make a profit.

Edited by: Fillco

·
Registered
44 Posts
As I said, varying prices and varying quality. I can see the Hendy ones on there for about 200 pounds, which is R3800 in our currency. Not cheap. have a look around on EBay. There's a lot of different stuff for the Kuga. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Hendy ones are genuine Ford parts & are the dogs do dars, very easy to fit, why spoil the look of your Kuga with a cheap alternative?................

Reactions: Martin1977

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Indeed

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Quite agree, the best car does not warrant cheap alternatives, I fitted these from Hendy and they are definitely the dogs ********

·
Registered
44 Posts
So the Chinese ones are no good then? They are less than 1/4 of the price. I don't particularly like Chinese stuff but are they really that bad?

At that price difference I'd be prepared to put in a cheap set and if they fail then I've learned a lesson. If not, all's well and good.

Plus our president is big friends with the Chinese !!!

I's be interested to hear if anyone has fitted a set of cheap DRLs and what their experience has been.

The other thing is that in ZA, only the Titanium spec comes standard with DRLs. All the other spec levels in MK2 come without them.

I'll enquire with my dealer what they would charge me for a set, if they even have them or can get them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts