Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I bought a 2014 kuga in the end of july, it is now nearly FOUR WEEKS, and i being told next week etc.

has anyone here had a good experiance with ford direct or is this the norm?

I was told 2 to 3 weeks max?

its not even a new car so not sure what the delay is?!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Got my Ford direct Titanium x sport 3 days after placing order, no problems

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to say I also received my Ford Direct car within 3/4 days!

I would ask what the hold up is - find out if it's something they're trying to fix before letting the car go. You never know

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Yes could be one someone's changing September.

Mind you, on my third Mondeo (MK3) from Ford Direct in 2003, we specifically waited for a moondust with cream leather, when found took just over a week to deliver. Wednesday morning of my daughter's graduation got a call from the dealer, 'your Mondeo with cream leather has arrived, but we have rejected it as the delivery driver has just driven it off the side of the transporter, but we have another on its way for you to pick up on Saturday'. So at least I was told there could be a delay, but there wasnt.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was an online order 29 July?? Not even sure if I even want the same car now as it may have needed to be fixed.
If it was a September release maybe they would have said something! Will monitor for another week and see what happens :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the September refrence due to sales figures??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Aren't most ford direct vehicles ex managers / ford employee company cars and as they'll all get a brand new toy on 01/sep the no. of ford direct cars will increase .

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
didnt know that mate, maybe some bargains will show up!!

because off the delay i have lost alot of interest in the car, the buzz has gone.

I hope its all worth it when/if it turns up!
Edited by: FoneFreak

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
KugaTone said:
Aren't most ford direct vehicles ex managers / ford employee company cars and as they'll all get a brand new toy on 01/sep the no. of ford direct cars will increase .
In the past some have been used for hire/rental cars for a very short period.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Friends , I have had a call to say the car is in for collection (24hrs after i sign the finance agreement first)
Can you all please advise on what i need to check on the car when giving it a 'once over', althogh ford might make it look new, is there a user checklist to help me when I check the car?

Thanks again

·
Registered
929 Posts
Taken from What Car. Hope this helps.....

Always collect the car in daylight hours. If it's dark or wet, you won't spot bodywork problems. If you have to take delivery of the car and are buying from a garage, mark on the sales invoice that you have not been able to adequately examine the vehicle.

Walk around the car and check all the body panels and windows are in the condition you expected. Check the car's corners in particular. Look for subtle changes in paint colour or misaligned panels, which could indicate accident damage.

Ask if the vehicle has been repaired at any time - if aware of it, the seller must disclose this information if you ask him.

Check the interior of the car. Make sure the fabrics and dash fit together. Look for water ingress in the footwells and boot by feeling for damp carpet.

Make sure you get both sets of keys.

Look at the service history - see if it has been completed and ensure important services have been carried out.

If the car is old enough to require an MoT, check the expiry date to make sure that you can get the car insured.

Carefully examine the V5C registration document and check the registration date, number of previous owners and chassis number.

When you complete the sale, ensure that the new owner's section of the V5C is filled out correctly, and that you take the relevant sections with you.

If buying from a dealer, make sure you get an invoice and sales contract showing that you have completed the deal and that the balance has been paid. If buying privately, ask for a signed letter that says you paid the amount in full.

If you're buying privately, have a full vehicle history check carried out on the car to ensure it is not stolen or subject to outstanding finance.

If you're opting for a finance package from a dealer, check
the paperwork thoroughly before you sign.

Ensure the seller takes the time to explain how to operate the car and accessories, and as a minimum shows you the operation of key functions such as the car alarm, hazard warning switch, the spare wheel and jack location, the mirror adjusters and the fuel and boot releases.

Take the seller's name, address and contact number.

Make sure you have switched your insurance so you are covered for the new vehicle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent, that helps alot. Thanks again

·
Registered
60 Posts
And now the tax rules have changed, check the tax status. Buying privately you have to insure then tax the vehicle yourself before you can drive it, as the tax cannot pass from one owner to the next any more. A dealer will probably sort you out with drive-away insurance and tax it, but check the status before driving away otherwise it's your neck on the line if PC Plod catches you with the ANPR.

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

1 - 14 of 14 Posts