Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience of using a Ford dealerships service to put a car on their computer and check out all the sensors on the DPF system? I was thinking they could safely bring car upto speed and temperature to hopefully detect what is causing me to get DPF faults in real time? In my case I would be using TCHarrison in Derby. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium X, 2013, Frozen white, 2.0 tdci, AWD.
129 Posts
You can guarantee they will tell you that you need the most expensive repair, probably tell you that a new dpf is needed, at around the £2k mark, you’re probably better going somewhere else, who hasn’t got anything to sell you, to get a more honest opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i used the local dealers (not many garages around here), when my coolant level had dropped below min (hardly used due to the lockdowns travel restrictions), cost me £65 just for them to visual look and topup, if had a choice i would go elsewhere in future.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,838 Posts
Independent local garage will give you a more honest and generally have better mechanics ( not tech guys) to look at your motor.

Reactions: Sttwoton

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,254 Posts
Maybe @SteveB85 will let you know who he used to fix his problem. Although it wasn't dpf related the garage (assumed ford) appeared to know what they were doing and didn't overcharge him in my opinion. I don't think he is too far from you.

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
12 Posts
I used TC Harrison in Derby and they were brilliant. I did stress to the service advisor through the whole process that I didn’t have mega bucks to spend and needed my issues resolved as cheaply as possible (all issues were linked).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts