Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experienced the appalling attitude of the couldn't care less staff? I've probably spoken to half a dozen and they treat you like you're the problem. I was told today that 'obviously there is nothing more we can do'. Well try explaining why for a start. Every conversation goes round in a death spiral as you exhaust the extent of their predefined phraseology. They're just like the 'computer says no' sketch off Little Britain. . . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I cannot agree more - a worse waste of space and resources I have yet to stumble upon.

When I was first having issues with the car I rang them and all they said was "can't help you as we have no paperwork on your car" - and they couldn't / wouldn't tell me how to raise paperwork regarding repeated issues.

Then when I raised the rejection paperwork at the dealers they ring me and say "unless you let us try and fix it for the 5th time we can't help you".

Then when I'd told them I no longer wanted to deal with them because they were hopeless they again called me and tried to say they "were doing all they could" - I did at that point tell them to go away and not bother me again, and the guy got pretty shirty.

Then finally they call to say the case has been passed to the Ford Executive Office, and that they have done their very best for me (read nothing) and there was nothing further they could do (nothing + nothing = nothing anyway?!).

If it wasn't for that fact I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down at the moment I would probably have used a few expletives at this point, but I thanked him for everything he had done (do they get irony / sarcasm there I am not so sure) and hung up on him.

Basically they are a call centre without anyremit to actually do anything - to be honest I think it's only worthcalling them if your dealer is beinguncooperative - even then only as a last resort. I just concentrated on being a pain to the dealers (in a calm collected way mostly of course) and finally got the resolution I wanted - picking up the brand new Kuga on Saturday! I've now driven most of what Ford has to offer over the last 3 months - oh and a couple of Kugas in between!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chilluk. I only mention them because they keep ringing me to close my case. This just keeps opening the wound coz we get in this loop discussion of you can't close it coz you haven't done anything and haven't explained why you've done nothing. We've done all we can is not an answer. Ford go thru the motions, but actually the words say they couldn't care less. I could agree to close it, but I'd be lying to say the matter is resolved. Anyway as you suggest, I have a separate discussion going on with the garage. . . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm. Maybe the secret is to persevere? and persist in saying 'take meto your leader?'. This has been going on well over 2 months and I have repeatedly refused to close the case and explain my unhappiness and ask to speak to someone with some authority. A previous time I had got a deputy team leader - waste of time - they're the same as the call centre automatons - no authority - computer says no.
Yesterday I finally (after much chivvying and challenging) ended up speaking with a team leader, a human being who politely listened, discussed, understood and then immediately doubled their previous offer. Wow! It just took a load more effort from variouspeolple than it needed.

I finally feel listened to and a bit more cared for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts