Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else out there experienced this one?
In another post I mentioned that my car had arrived atmy dealers. Half an hour before I was due to pick it up, I was informed that there was a problem with Ford Credit not paying over the money.

I seem to have been caught up in some problem to do with the new Ford promotion for this quarter. When I ordered the car in September I was assured by my dealer that if there was a new Ford offer from 1 October, this would be honoured.

Lo and behold, the 1 October arrives and Ford offer £1k off if you pay using options. As the GMFV was also dropped by £1k my monthly payments were to remain almost the same, but the overall cost of the car dropped by £1k.

However, when it came to collecting the car on Friday 24 October, Ford Credit said that as I contracted for the car in September I was not entitled to the £1k discount. However I would be bound by the new GMFV so my payments increased by about £45 per month.

The dealer offered £600 of the discount, but I didn't want to pay £400 extra than I originally thought I would.

Despite my dealer claiming to have actively been looking for a way around this problem, the only solution seemed to be for me to cancel the original contract which Idid and for Ford to deregister the car at DVLA. A new contractwill then be set up on the same terms as before to enable me to get the £1k discount. However, only Ford can deregister the car and they are beingvery slow about it (they have had the vehicle registration documents for nearly a a week now). Meanwhile the car is sitting in my dealer's compound collecting dust while I should be driving it.

I have never been one to trust car dealers and I have real concerns that the wool is being pulled over my eyes. It is a shame as I have bought 8Fords in 8 years and thesalesman that Ihave dealt with this time had up until last week been thebest one ever. However I cannot seem to get to the bottom of what actually happened. My suspicion is that there was incompetence at the dealers in the first place. Having said that I can believe the reason for the delay as I have heard before that Ford administration is very poor. If the wool is being pulled over my eyes, the only reason that I can see is because they have someone else lined up to buy my carwho is prepared to pay abetter price to gain the benefit of receiving the car instantly. I did get a very good deal on it. In the current economic environment, how likely is that? Maybe I am just being cynical, and worrying unecessarily.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems mate.
My Dealer managed to get the £1,000 from Ford even though I ordered in June and I picked up Friday without any problems. Ford paid the grand to the dealer with no issues.

If its any consolation, the car is well worth waiting for

1 - 2 of 2 Posts