Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if its possible/or have managed to sucessfully connect a cd multichanger to the touch screen nav unit?

I know its a Blaupunkt made unit so its obviously gonna be a Blaupunkt changer needed to work!

·
Registered
65 Posts
buy yourself a usb flash disk or even small hard drive to store way more music (in mp3 format) than you could get on 6cds for much cheaper than a cd changer..?

dr_nick

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd save the money and as above try a usb stick, they are very low cost nowadays and will store hundreds of your tunes on, only reason against is if you're not a computer person. I simply leave an old ipod in the centre armrest, alll my tunes go with me everytime I go out, perfect.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My Kuga came with a factory fitted 6 CD multichanger working with the 7" TS Nav unit. The CD changer is not branded, so I imagine any manufacturers' unit will work.As I didn't fit it, I don't know how much work is involved in routing cables and fixing the unit under the front passenger seat pan.

Good luck, qxq

Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a plan!

Because my car didnt come with the USB input - I'm gonna retrofit it in the somewhat distant future but in the meantime I will take the advice and use one of the "many" portable mp3 players I have and run it through the aux input in the centre console!

Next project is to hardwire an aftermarket DAB unit into the car and use that through the aux input! I would rather have DAB over the premium nav anyday!

Edited by: Kuga Jon

·
Registered
65 Posts
really wish i had taken the time to remove my cd changer from my scrappage car - you could have had that...

(sorry - not helpful at this stage!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts