Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's not many of you out there at the moment, but I wondered for the few that are. Is there anything you would change on you Kuga. Or is there an add on you wish you had ordered when you purchased them?
Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmmm...had it for 2 days now and its as good as expected. I would like to see a foot rest for my left foot and running boards would be handy for my little ones

·
Registered
43 Posts
...will also add that the reflection from the dashboard is visible on the windscreen most of the time. The lighter, ripple effect, plastic near the windscreen is the culprit as the black, soft to the touch, material doesn't reflect. I am not bothered as I have been driving a Citroen Picasso for the past 3 years (anything is an improvement from that!) but it may distract some.

·
Registered
108 Posts
not too keen on the orange inserts on my kuga but hey the overall car is spot on - there isnt anything i would change... okay i'd put a 4.0l supercharged engine in it, but then i wouldnt be able to afford to run the thing

its a cool car straight out of the box!

Dave your question will only obtainpersonal view points... the only thing you need to do is go drive one and make your own mind up...

yesterday i drive a volvo xc90, LR Disco 3, the freelander and Rav4 - i was glad to get back into my kuga... while all those cars offer different things i found myself picking holesin cars that were nearly double the cost of the kuga - its a good all round package for the money!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Matt

Done that at the end of May after many months reading up on it, and now waiting to finalise the paperwork. They had a couple at the showroom, but not the colour or spec I wanted. Been waiting and waiting and waiting seems like for ever (3 and a half weeks). So keeping busy reading other people's thoughts, comments and recommendations. I was worried about the dpf mod for a while, with the news coming out the weekend I had put the deposit down. But it seems that's not such a big issue now with it just being a small mod. I've cleared room in my garage and gave that a tidy, purchased some wax and other newcleaning stuff. Cut back the neighbours overhanging trees of the drive hehehe. Perhaps I should go and have another test drive to ease the pain.
Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
had mine about twelve hours now....

wish the 12v socket was inside the armrest rather than outside as ipod cables/belkin charger are seen.

will know more tomorrow as I have a couple of hundred miles to drive, but first impressions are good - just need to forget that I bought it a month ago and it has sat in the dealers....

·
Registered
10 Posts
cornish said:
wish the 12v socket was inside the armrest rather than outside as ipod cables/belkin charger are seen.

Yes that would be so much better.... was thinking its a shame that for charging Ipod when its plugged into aux imput that its charger will be outside box.

If I had the money I would have gone for the glass roof.... but alas here in Ireland it was an additional ‚¬1500..
.... My Mini cooper had a double sunroof and I loved it.... and my sister currently loves it as she bought my Mini....

I only have 78 kilometers on the clock since collecting yesterday at 5pm... But I am pleasntly supprised by the power.. I had test drove a VW Golf 1.9tdi and was going to buy when I saw the Kuga advert 3 weeks ago and wanted one of those instead..... The VW was 105bhp and the Kuga is 136bhp, but I was expecting the kuga to be similar to power to the golf due to size difference.... but **** no.... I'm looking forward to the weekend & having some fun driving about in it.... I'll see then if there is anything i'd like to change in it

·
Registered
418 Posts
Another thing....

Just go used to temperature in Celcius but on the Kuga you can only have metric or imperial.

To get the temp in Celcius you have to have your trip counter etc. in Km, but the mileage of the car is still in miles????

Wish there was a hybrid mode..

·
Registered
108 Posts
cornish said:
Another thing....

Just go used to temperature in Celcius but on the Kuga you can only have metric or imperial.

To get the temp in Celcius you have to have your trip counter etc. in Km, but the mileage of the car is still in miles????

Wish there was a hybrid mode..
Wrong menu... that catches everyone out!

Get the imperial units back on if thats what you want, then exit from the setup menu.... scroll round till the external temp is shown on the screen... then hold in the 'reset' button - this will change the temp from deg C to deg F.... obviously you can go back to deg F as and when required...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Cornish & all other OC menbers.

been keeping an eye on this forum since the adverts started appearing on the TV.

Test drove a Titanium two weeks ago, just happened to wander into another dealer last weekend which were discounting the showroom Kuga to get their figures in for the end of month. So managed to get a Zetec with just over £1500 off the list price together with Bluetooth and voive control. Dealer has also promised to fit roofbars FOC for me at a later date (when I can afford them).

Picked it up yesterday and only done about20 miles so far, but everythin
g is A OK so far, going to a scout camp tonight so will get to try out the AWD down the extremely 'off road' entry lane.

Glad someone has asked about the temp gauge, have not had chance to try change anything yet on the computer, but certainly will be trying this out soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Am now at 550 Miles and so far I am still very happy with it. Only thing I would change is for the roof rails to be standard as you have to have roof rails to use Roof Bars / Box and it is consting me a small fortune to have them retrofitted next week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As regards whatI would change....for those of us that do not have sat nav built in ..... I would put a 12 volt socket on the right of the the car so that chargers can be plugged in without the lead impeading on the gear stick.....your thoughts on that one....seem all manufacturers want to put the socket in the middle.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I would design a 12V outlet (and/or USB) up somewhere on the dashboard - after all, that is where most folk park a SatNav or MP3 player.

Cheers,
Niall

·
Registered
49 Posts
My sentiment exactly......i just wonder if any of the designers have ever driven a car at all....wife says that if a woman had designed it ...it would have had one.......yes along with a hair drier a & lipstick holder..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts