Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi there,
another zetec footwell light convert. Put mine in today, had some orange ones kicking around in my garage so popped them in and looks pretty good. Really useful bit of info all those moons ago...

The futures orange......Charlie01

·
Registered
302 Posts
On a recent trip to Florida I hired a Ford Focus and the footwell lights continued into the centre console cupholders and under the front seats to iluminate the rear footwells. There was a choice of four colours just by flicking a switch on the dash board or off if required. I thought this quite cool and looked really good and being able to change the colours brilliant. Got me thinking for the Kuga!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Upgrade done.
For £4, i reckon this must have added at least £1k to the resale value as an acceptable modification

Thanks to OP for post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Deejay said:
Upgrade done.
For £4, i reckon this must have added at least £1k to the resale value as an acceptable modification

Thanks to OP for post.

Nice - Just don't forget to tell your insurance company that you've modified your car!!!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
notbad said:
I'm a bit confused, not sure I fully follow this thread!
Mine is an April 2010 Zetec, but it came with the footwell lights -not sure if they are now standard or if it is because I've got the appearance pack.

My confusion is, is there an easy mod to fit "mood" lights? -which I take to be coloured footwell lights that stay on, not courtesy footwell lights that go out shortly after door closes.

Incidentally I changed the standard footwell lights for some Halfords "blue" 501s, they have a blue bulb but still look white to me when they are on! I notice Halfords also sell blue LEDs which I might try even as footwell courtesy lights (warning on back of packet, "due to low current drain, may cause bulb failure light to come on"is hopefully not an issue in this application)

BTW I removed trim to fit the "blue" 501s after using a mirror to see how it came off, easy to do, maybe didn't need to remove it all though.

I am also wondering ifthereis an easy mod to fit "mood" lights? Like an footwell lights that stay on, not courtesy footwell lights that go out shortly after door closes.

Anyone?

rgs Victor

·
Registered
33 Posts
i fitted neon strip lights under the dash in my last car , pretty simple all you need is a live that comes on with the ignition , should be a couple in the fuse box , you can get all colours and sizes depending on the brightness you require , i had blue and heres a quick pic , will be doing similar to my kuga but may change the colour this time

·
Registered
189 Posts
Would a 2014 spec Zetec have footwell lights? Only asking as I may have some spare bulbs that fit if not so this could be my first mod lol (would 12LED bulbs work?)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I haven't got the car yet lol we get it end of March begining of April

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's ok you wasn't to know. When we pick it up I'll check, does sound a bit daft, they did something similar in my old car a cougar, the bulb holder is there in the footwell but the wiring harness isn't (actually it's just the bracket that holds the bulb holder IIRC)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Done mine today, simple case of pushing the bulbs into holder, light up with interior light

·
Registered
350 Posts
On my last car ( a 2009 Focus convertable) it didn't have footwell lights & no wiring for them. I just bought some bulb holders of the correct size for the mounting plates that were there, fitted some blue 501's & wired them to the interior light, job done. ˜Ž

·
Registered
107 Posts
Picked up a new zetec a week ago and it has foot well lights both sides....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my Kuga MK1 last month on a 12 plate and would like to fit these bulbs to my footwell but I'm not sure which bulbs to buy could someone point me in the right direction which ones they are and where I can buy them.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts