Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got two bulbs..found what felt like two bulbholders just below the dashboard near the doors...pushed the bulbs in and hey presto...they DONT work?????What am I doing wrong????

·
Registered
328 Posts
Actually - make sure they are fitted the right way round cos if not they wont work!

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hiya Kuga Jon...I`m sure you were`nt being sarcastic....and yep I have tried them both way round still to no avail!!! I bought blue LED`s.. I`m gonna try ordinary bulbs next...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Excellent just what i came on to find out. The wife collects her year old Zetec on friday. Have seen that several Focus models have it all there so thought i would have a look to see if the Kuga does. Hey presto.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HI KUGAKING
COULD BE THE CAN BUS NEEDS RECONFGURING TO RECOGNISE THE EXTRA LIGHTING IN THE CIRCUIT,COMPLICATED ELECTRICS NOWADAYS

ALL THE BEST

VULCAN

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, bought ordinary bulbs n fitted them....working fine... maybe the blue LED`s were duff??? anyway some light is better than none!!!!! Thanx to ya all for help etc

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have fitted standard bulbs into ours for now. Used the ones from the number plate lights as changed them to LED's as well as the Puddle lights.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have got some blue leds in strips im going to put them under the back of the seats to light the back up, stops people standing on the seals as its higher than a normal car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased two 501 bulbs from Halfords, located the bulb holders easily by starting from the outer edge of the car. Just behind the plastic trim a wire running into the bulb holder. Without moving any trim pushed bulbs into holders and I have now got footwell courtesy lights, look fantastic.
Believe me if I can do it anyone can!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
no there is no fitting under the seats for bulbs i purchased blue 12v strip of leds on a 3m strip, i am going to fit at the back of the seats and tap in to the wiring from the front bulb holders. when i get chance to fit i will let you know what it looks like
Edited by: roadster1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just fitted mine to my zetec ,,,thanks for the great tip!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
2 bulbs from Halfords ............... £ 3.99 off the shelf and fitted in 2 mins flat

If Carlsburg made cars it would be called a Ford Kuga

·
Registered
546 Posts
My first modification will be fitting LED Foot well light's

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a bit confused, not sure I fully follow this thread!
Mine is an April 2010 Zetec, but it came with the footwell lights -not sure if they are now standard or if it is because I've got the appearance pack.

My confusion is, is there an easy mod to fit "mood" lights? -which I take to be coloured footwell lights that stay on, not courtesy footwell lights that go out shortly after door closes.

Incidentally I changed the standard footwell lights for some Halfords "blue" 501s, they have a blue bulb but still look white to me when they are on! I notice Halfords also sell blue LEDs which I might try even as footwell courtesy lights (warning on back of packet, "due to low current drain, may cause bulb failure light to come on"is hopefully not an issue in this application)

BTW I removed trim to fit the "blue" 501s after using a mirror to see how it came off, easy to do, maybe didn't need to remove it all though.

·
Registered
546 Posts
LED footwell lights fitted at the weekend plus LEDpuddle lights and boot light.

Edited by: Titanium kev

21 - 40 of 67 Posts