Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I’ve tried searching for ages and people talk about changing the footwell lights and boot light to led - however I can’t get the plastic casing off and can’t find the instructions

I’ve been trying the boot for ages and a bit of the casing has been breaking off and it’s not budging - does anyone have the instructions on how to do so.

Mark...

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I guess not clear in the handbook, re the boot a small terminal screwdriver is inserted about 8mm at 45 degrees under the middle of the edge furthest away from you and gently push in towards you and prise the fitting out.

Footwell the same, identify which end has the electrical connection and push and prise the opposite end.

The gentle push at 45 degrees should push back a latch that is part of the lamp moulding. Once you've don't it you'll remember.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess not clear in the handbook, re the boot a small terminal screwdriver is inserted about 8mm at 45 degrees under the middle of the edge furthest away from you and gently push in towards you and prise the fitting out.

Footwell the same, identify which end has the electrical connection and push and prise the opposite end.

The gentle push at 45 degrees should push back a latch that is part of the lamp moulding. Once you've don't it you'll remember.
Nothing is clear in the handbook.

I had read on here that you push the casing towards the front of the car and insert a screwdriver at the end closest to myself - this would indicate why I’ve had no luck smile:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
You may be able to squeeze your fingers through the ventilation holes under the cargo area light. You can then apply a bit of pressure to the retaining clip on the fitting from the rear.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts

I had read on here that you push the casing towards the front of the car and insert a screwdriver at the end closest to myself - this would indicate why I’ve had no luck smile:
It wont come out from the opposite end as the power connector prevents it being levered out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had read on here that you push the casing towards the front of the car and insert a screwdriver at the end closest to myself - this would indicate why I’ve had no luck
It wont come out from the opposite end as the power connector prevents it being levered out.
Your instructions worked a treat - just need stronger LEDs as the casing takes the brightness of them.

Hit a bit of the problem changing the footwell light driver side - pulled out the old bulb and one of the connectors that the bulb pushes into came out with it ?

Took ages to get that sorted

Thanks again ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts