Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to find a foot rest for the K, as I've noticed the carpet by the clutch pedal is beginning to fray. Are there complete set of aluminium pedal covers & a foot rest plate available anywhere?

Thanks
Kugajedi

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ford has a pedal and footrest kit for the Kuga. It's even pictured in the brochure...

I got it fitted by the dealer before delivery, and mymain reason for wanting them is because the lackofa footrest as standard...
Can't believe that the Kuga has no foot rest. Imagine how the carpet would look after a few years without one in our wet and muddy conditions here in the north....

The footrest is only a thin alloyplate and the carpet will se some dirt and wear even with one, but it's better than nothing.....

Don't know the price, since I had them thrown in as part of the deal when I pointed out that there was no footrest... I'm guessin less than 100£

Actually, I can't recall a single car I have owned that did not have one....

Edited by: sap_2000

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ah the benefits of left hand drive.......I think the option pictured must be Europe and not UK as with right hand drive pedal arrangement I struggle to get my leftfoot in between the clutch and the side of the dashboard....and I' only a shoe size.......be interested to know if any right hookers have managed it though!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sap_2000, thanks for the reply and picture. It looks good with them, are the alloy pedals covers which fit over the existing ones or screwed/bolted on?
Asked the local Ford Dealers and their PC only show the LHD pedal & footrest set P/No. 1534425 for £65, have to be ordered in. Are they worth getting or better to source somewhere else like Sparco, OMP, Ripspeeds?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not 100% sure since I did not mount them, but I think clutch and brake pedal are slide over after the original ones are removed. Think the acc pedal is bolted and the foot rest is screwed with self tapping screws to the carpet and insulation underneath.

The pedals feel OK, but I wish the foot rest was wider and thicker...

For£65 I would not bother getting anything else if you are satisfied with the looks...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Can you get pedal cover sets for automatics as I have not seen any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts