Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Titanium 10 days ago
and complained that the trays were missing from the backs of the front seats
. I've now been told they were dropped from the Kuga build as of the 1<SUP>st</SUP> March and they have added a gear shift light to improve your driving, so where is mine? Oh sorry that's only included on the petrol version, yours is a diesel!
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Ford is still advertising the trays on the web as std for the Titanium""¦""¦""¦""¦.. http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Kuga/Featuresandspecifications but say Ford's policy is one of continuous product development. The right is reserved to change the specifications, colours and prices of the models and items illustrated and described in this vehicle configurator at any time.

Anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a pre built titanium and it has tray's in the seats and also a gear shift light which are small lamps (orange) that give a mood light over the central section of the car when dark, they shine from the roof beside the door light. Unless this is something different.

Are the attachments for the trays in the back seats?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have those light or the attachments, the dealer said it's not an add on and would require new seats. They explained that the light would come on on the dash to advise you when to change gear to improve the fuel consumption. I'm getting more confused as you say you've got this gear shift mood lamp.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh I see now we are talking about different things. The lights I am talking about do not come on with the gears.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I picked up my car 3 weeks agao and didn't have the trays on the back seats either. It's something I want as I have young children. I still haven't heard back from the dealer yet

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's pretty poor from Ford - seems like practicality is at the bottom of Ford's priorities for their "SUV" - it's a good job the Kuga looks fantastic and drives well because it's below average for cubbies and storage compared with it's rivals.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How much interior storage do you need (seat trays aside), I've got two under floor rear storage compartments, side tray on the front seat, deep front door pockets, decentish glove box, under the rear seat storage and loads of under floor storage in the boot.... granted I don't keep much in mine but I've got loads and loads of free interior space.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess its more of if it says you should have it, you should get it.

I'm disappointed there are no door compartments so the kids can put their rubbish in.

You'd expect that in pretty much all cars nowadays.

·
Registered
374 Posts
the lack ofdoor pockets about restricting leg room. Don't forget these vehicles areALSO aimed at non child friendly people. I guess Ford expect parents to buy c-max aor s-max or galaxy. Kuga is bit pricey forchild mover.......

In fact one of the reasons my wife and I were in such admiration for the mighty Kuga was cos it doesNOT look like a family carrier.

Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are not missing much with the folding trays on the back seat. ive got a 2009 titanium with leather seats and the trays dont sit level when opened up so anything you put on them would fall off anyway. luckily i dont need to use the trays as they arnt that good.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi new to site. I ordered a Kuga Titanium delivery July? As far as I know the brand new demo (5 miles)I went out in had trays in rear of front seats. Seems a bit odd to remove something without adding something else in it's place, continuous product development if trays have been removed is a bit cheeky. Not sure what other peoples experience is but I have been searching for a dealer with a Kuga to actually test drive for months seems to me that some dealers out there would like you just to take a chance live dangerously and to order one? I told one dealer that I'm not buying a pair of shoes matey (salesman roared with laughter) this is an expensive purchase he told me that his boss has one but he will not let anyone drive it cos apparently it's his car? I spent weeks trying to locate a Kuga just to look at and not drive and I have to say that I am a little concerned one dealer who reluctantly offered a drive just around the block as it was a customers car was worrying A question How many delivery miles are acceptable almost every car I have purchsed over the years has had no more than 5 10 12 miles on clock. Cheers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sales Manager at Polar Ford St Helens has a Chill Zetec mate and not too far away from your location. I got mine from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Ford Dealer has explained that it's out of their control as Ford themselves who have pulled the trays, I jokingly said I'd have free cross rails and roof box as compensation; they laughed and said they were still seeing what they could do. In all fairness they have offered me a free set of cross rails; I can't complain with that for customer care! Thanks Claire
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You guys are right, you are not missing much not having them and when my teenage son uses them, they alwaysgo down with a very loud clunk which always takes me surprise resulting in me screaming "What the **** are you doing in the back?!"

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Re Topscal Sorry I have already ordered vehicle However with respect the point I was trying to make was that most dealers Do Not have any Kuga demo cars availablebecause the managers appear to have themand are extremelyreluctant to let potential customers use them. A Ford dealer in Warrington had one but I was told that you cannot drive that as this Frozen White Kuga was the sales managers car ? Nice, and as such did he not like other people driving it? When I asked if I could have a test drive of a Kuga I was told NO we only have one registered Kuga andanyway the manageris off on holiday at the moment I asked when will he be back? I was told not too sure a week or so!! Now my opinion is that some dealers will happilybuy demonstrators into dealerships at a greatly reduced costs to them but they appear to be exclusively for the use of dealer managers. I eventually took a test drive at a North West dealer but was told it will be a trip around the block why? well I suspect that this car was a customers car and as most dealers Don't have Kuga demonstrators available to customers what better way to sell a new car but to use a customers car to sell another. I am concerned that the vehicle I have waited well over 3 months for will be used to sell another Kuga which is why I asked what is an acceptable delivery mileage on a factory ordered vehicle which is being delivered direct to the dealer. 5 10 20 30 miles???

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hi bobuptown,

With regards to an acceptable delivery mileage if it's any sort of indication a friend of mine recently had his Kuga company car registered by Dagenham Ford in the South East of England and delivered to him in the County Durham area on the back of flat bed lorry with 6 miles on the clock.

So I would assume that if yours has 20-30+ mileson the clock it might be worthasking the dealer and querying it.

That said though others on this forum may have a totally different experience than this.

All the best.
Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Gazwats Thanks for that. Yes 6 miles hey sounds absolutely fine to me but it just seems that during these tough economic times, "some" dealers not all I hasten to add are taking the vehicles from Ford as demo vehicles snatching the discounts from the manufacturer and it appears to me that it then becomes the sole and exclusive transportation for some sales/finance managers and his family which makes it extremely difficult for any potential purchaser to take a test drive so the circle is then broken and because for whatever reason the dealer has no demo at his disposal the pressure is then on the dealer to do as I suspect they did when I took a test drive and that is to use a car orderedand paid forby a customer to provide a very cheap demonstration vehicle for the dealeranticipating thatthis may well be repeated is why I amasking the question,What is an acceptaple delivery mileage? my last vehicle which like this one was on order from the factory and I suspect it arrived at the dealership on the back of a transporter along with other vehicles and on handover it had covered just 3 miles which is extremely reasonable however clearly above 30 miles is probably not acceptable. On the subject of rear seat trays it does seem odd that a manufacturer should remove an item listed in the verylatest (per salesman) printed brochure dated July 2008 trays continue to be listed under interior equipment I was assured by the dealer that despite the brochure not containing any reference to the 2WD Kuga that brochure although grossly out of date isthe very latest from Ford so yes I think it's all a bit poor and the dealer never mentioned that the trays in the customers? demo car were no longer available so I think Ford who have stated that they have the right? to change specifications as part of it's continuous product development should substitute an item which has been costed/factured in the price already and say fit a roof rail instead FOC seems fair to me . . . but what do you say? Thanks for a really useful, interesting and informative site and if I may I will like the opportunity to post my opinions following delivery injust "fingers crossed" a few weeks time. Kind Regards Bob.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts