Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know if the wing mirrors on the basic Kuga Zetec can be manually folded out of the way.
Cheers- Bob

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Interesting and useful info Gazwats. Many Thanks Bob.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, as they are large mirrors do you know if when towing a caravan extended mirrors are reqiured.
Cheers-Bob

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Elder,
I tow with my Kuga and although I have only been out with the van six times I have found there to be no need for extending mirrors. BUT my van is only 7' 2" wide. I will have a new 7' 6" one for next season and that may alter my view. (no pun intended). It is just borderline between useing or not useing them at the moment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi WIN-doc,
Collect my Panther Black Kuga Zetec on 2nd Sep, only the basic model so I will have to fit a towbar.
Was yours factory fitted?, If not what make did you go for?, is it fixed or detachable? and are you happy with it ?.
Many thanks- Elder

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hello Elder,
Yes and no. My Kuga was an existing new stock item at Polar Ford (Wakefield), I did the deal included in which, was a Witter detatchable towbar. The fitting was carried out at the dealership by a third party Auto Electrician used regularly by them. I have used Witter tow bars for the last twenty odd years, they are excellent. HOWEVER on this one unless you are straight when coupling up it is difficult to get the Alko hitch lever all the way up/back as it presses on the rear skirt. In use I have had no problems. It would be easier to use if it projected out another 15-20mm. Enjoy your kuga, I do (when I can get it from my wife). This is my first Ford ownership and so far it is a delight, done about 3500 miles (i should say the wife has done most of it). They tow very well and give no stability problems, with superb brakes. I have no wish to upset any koc members but reading various posts over the weeks it seems that I got a very good deal at £18000.00 all in (March 09).

Edited by: win-doc

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Elder
I've finished fitting my detachable towbar (Bosal) last weekend. The instructions said about 60 to 90 minutes to completely fit. Well it took me 4 hours to fit the mechanical bits, and about 3 weeks on and off to do the electrics. I fitted the 12N and 12S sockets.

the reason I got a bosal (detach) was because you do not have to cut anything out of the bumper. There are several threads on the forum relating to towbars - have a look.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks, win-doc and Digger, gives me something to think about while waiting for the 2nd of September.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts