Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Nice to see an owners club already set up!!!

I currently drive a MK5 golf GTI, but with the current fuel increases I have been looking to change to something more economical, so I have been looking for a Focus 1.6 TDCI Zetec, However, as I was passing chambers Fored (Sutton Coldfield) I called in to see what they had and knock me down with a feather if there wasnt a Kuga there. (In black, not sure of exact spec but had leather and sat-nav)

I dont usually like this type of car (I considered a Tiguan, untill I saw one in the flesh) but I kept coming back to look at the Kuga. I know its alot more than the focus I planned to get, but it does seem alot more of a car, and perhaps its because its fresh on the market but it does seem special.

I have a few questions, and I hope that someone that has test driven or "geeked out" on the specs could answer...

1- Is it much bigger than the focus? (I only have a limited drive space)

2- What MPG do you get at a contant 55-60mph

3-What sort of price do you think the ex-demos will sell for in about 3 months?

4- What sort of residuals are expected (Hopefully better than the Focus)

Cheers fo any answers, Paul.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Paul,

its no biggerthan a focus inside... the seating is a little different -however it feels much bigger to drive on the outside?

I get about 35-38 mpg (this is local driving) currently so the price of fuel 130p brings the cost of ownership to about the same as owning the focus st...

3-4 I hope they'll hold their price coz the order books are full for a good few months...

a focus 1.8 tdci is the best bet if fuel eco is what you want... 1.6 too slow 2.0 too fuel hungy 1.8 = just right

i love the kuga and would get one every time over a focus... so this post is based on cost only!!!
Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
368 Posts
Paul I have gone from the ST focus to the kuga
the boot seems smaller ,

but alot more room for my teenagers

in the back ,

I have the black zetec ,3 weeks old tomorrow and really like it ,

Edited by: speedy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts