Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi KugaKen,

Thanks for the comment on my Shining Kuga

It wasn't until you mentioned Gazwats running a group on Flickr that the penny actually dropped!!!

Gazwats left a comment for me about adding my Kuga to his group....which I have done, that's when I realised it was the same person...doh!

Gazwats if you are reading this....the Kuga on Dartmoor added to your group is me...SugarCube2009.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi KugaCat
No problem I really did like the shine so much I sent for some Autoglym High def.

I gave it a good wash on Saturday then a good wax. I must say it looked good but for some reason yours looked a deeper shine. I can only think it needs further applications or i did something wrong.

KugaKen

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi KugaKen,
I do rate the HD wax very highly.......yes it does need several applications, I must say though please DON'T use the wax when the car is hot, you will never get it off!!!

I don't know if you have done this already but keep a small tub of water with you when you wax, the pad needs to be kept wet otherwise your beautiful pride and joy will end up scratched....sorry lecture over now!

Great pictures by the way...Is yours AWD?

Mine is 2WD, interestingly What Car have just done a towing test with the Kuga and it actually won it's class but even more interestingly it was a 2WD, you could have knocked me down with a feather!!!!

Oh I forgot to tell you, Autoglym recommend that you use the High Def wax once a week

KC

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi KugaCat
Thanks for the advice and talking of feathers ONCE A WEEK

Yes its AWD Kuga Titanium with X Pack, Convenience Pack, Appearence Pack, Zenon Headlamps, Bluetooth + USB, DVD Nav with rear camera + Power Convertor and detachable towbar. Now also with RGB bumper protector for good measure. Also just bought mud flaps which are waiting in the garage for a nice day for fitting.

I also read the test and asI tow I can tell you they do just fine.

KugaKen

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi KugaKen,

I did see a Kuga going through Kingskerwell in Devon about a week ago, it was towing the biggest caravan I've ever seen, like you say, it didn't seem to have any trouble at all.

I may attempt to tow with mine one day.

Wow what alot of options!

I have Convenience, Appearance packs, Roof rails, mudflaps, Bluetooth, she was supposed to have the illuminated scuff plates but didn't, I wasn't too happy about that!

With or without 'scuffs' I still love her

KC

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Kuga Ken, i also use autoglym hd wax, it is soooo good. I do mine about once every 3 weeks, the shine is so deep !!! If you wash it first with autoglym high definition wash it really helps. By the way, i am not on commission for autoglym !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts