Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Kuga 2 FWD and its been great. However, recently a red flashing 'i' icon has appeared and can't find what is wrong (it appears between the fuel and temperature guage). This only happens when the engine is switched off and the doors closed and locked.
I have searched the 'information' section of the display but can't see any information message relating to the flashing icon.
Has anyone experienced this and can they advise.

·
Registered
825 Posts
tonygaddr said:
I own a Kuga 2 FWD and its been great. However, recently a red flashing 'i' icon has appeared and can't find what is wrong (it appears between the fuel and temperature guage). This only happens when the engine is switched off and the doors closed and locked.
I have searched the 'information' section of the display but can't see any information message relating to the flashing icon.
does it look like this ? page 66 hand book ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
As well as it's information role it also indicates that your alarm is set when you have locked the car. So providing it doesn't flash when the car is open then it is just confirming alarm status. Nothing to worry about.

Cheers Hugh

·
Registered
825 Posts
at least i'll know what it is when mine arrives ;) glad you've got it sorted

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Tigger b said:
As well as it's information role it also indicates that your alarm is set when you have locked the car. So providing it doesn't flash when the car is open then it is just confirming alarm status. Nothing to worry about.

Cheers Hugh
I thought when the alarm was set it was just a flashing red light not a flashing i symbol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Morph, they use the information light as the alarm warning light. If the light is illuminated steadily, either red or amber then there is a fault. If only flashing then that indicates that the alarm is set.

There is nothing about it in the manual but I came across it before in a c max I used to own( it had the same dashboard) and we had the same discussion in another forum.

Hope that helps.
Cheers Hugh.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tigger b said:

Cheers Hugh

100% correct. Its just a glorified alarm red LED!

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 4x4
84 Posts
Dragging up an old thread, I noticed this on my MK2 this morning, was worried. I found a parked Kuga and it was flashing too, thanks for the forum Search?

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Page 81 in my handbook it will be amber or red depending how bad a faulty but it says will appear along with a message.
In the circumstances of being locked and parked is it saying Alarm is set?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Alarm active warning light

Reactions: David38
1 - 14 of 14 Posts