Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to fitting it - cost me £70 a few months ago. Surprisingly easy. Took me an hour. No need to remove bumper, you can get at it easily from underneath. No need to remove side panel, just bend it back. Conveniently placed grommet.

Check out photos at

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Grognard88/DropBox#

Placed it in bumper just abovesteel frame [higher than silver area] so probably doesn't look down too well. However it comes with a second sensor thatI will try along there sometime.

Seems to work perfectly.

cheers David

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi david

i've keen to buy a set. i get my kuga next tuesday and fancy some rear sensors.

is it ok using those electrical connectors with your 3 yr warranty?

how did you stick the tape to the bumper?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davidstanley said:
hi david

i've keen to buy a set. i get my kuga next tuesday and fancy some rear sensors.

is it ok using those electrical connectors with your 3 yr warranty?

how did you stick the tape to the bumper?

Don't see a problem with warranty. Only invasive action is a slight nick on the reversing wire from the connector, not even cut the wire. If you look at all the other mods people do[hardwiring sat navs and fitting lights etc] this is very minor. You can't not fiddle with your car for three years! It's a toy and you have to play with it :). Check with your dealer though.

At the moment just fixed sensor [which is sticky backed] with a few dobs of mastic that comes with it til i'm happy then I'll put some duck tape over it. Also need to stick double wire connector firmly to stop it moving about and causing false alarms.

cheers David.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Grumbler,
Did you manage to fit the second sensor and is it still performing well?
Has anyone else fitted these sensors, any comments on performance/reliability much appreciated.

Ursus

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fitted mine a few months ago, works well however it doesnt seem to like heavy rain or snow as lots of false alarms and continuos tones. No probs in dry.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
ips said:
Fitted mine a few months ago, works well however it doesnt seem to like heavy rain or snow as lots of false alarms and continuos tones. No probs in dry.

Same here. Gives false alarms in real heavy rain and the snow. Still think they are worth the money though. Edited by: Morph

·
Registered
73 Posts
Think we will be getting a kit for ours. I would rather have a false alarm than hit something. What are Factory fit like in the above weather? would guess they can false alarm with snow etc.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Morph / ips,
Many thanks for the info, this is what makes this forum so valuable. I think I will order a kit tonight, now just need to decide on the audible or the audible & vision kit.
Once again, many thanks.

Ursus

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Ursus I ordered Kuga (12 weeks plus del quoted) and after justfew of weeks after ordering we had gone to a pub quiz, out in the sticks and a team member had hit one of those low carpark stacked walls. I contacted dealera few days later just to see if I could add sensors to the factorybuild spec, was told yes no problem but if too late we will fit them? I asked what wasthe difference, wastold dealer fits ones are a slightly higher quality, body colour coded, and all for same price and a lot more reliable? Within a week of rain, paint had started to run off sensors, you could rubpaint off with your finger (not nail)I contacted them about the sensors and a number of other issues it became clear, they had the cash andthey really were not interested.I did not know the sensors had been fitted at dealers until I contacted them about paint they informed me that they had forgot to add to build? but for what it's worth I would probably insist on factory fit mainly because I do not think the paint would disappear from sensors within such a short time, and yes they too, occasionally beep when raining, but more so when cars/bikes are over/undertaking closely.Much more worryingly they may be causing SonyDAB to cut out anddisplay PHONE. Call in progress. I had decided to either re-paint them myself or just leave them base black plastic finish.And finally yes I hadsensors on previous vehicle and had no problems whatsoever with paint or performance.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bob,
Thanks for your advice, I did consider ordering them factory fit but I have to take into account my monthly payments, the factory fit's would have added another £10/ month onto an already expensive car. Another reason was principal, our company bleats on about accidents all the time, they fit sensors to the vans but will not consider contributing towards our lease scheme vehicles. They are prepared to fit an aftermarket Parot Phone system at £250 fitting cost (and then a similar figure to remove after 3 years) but would not pay for the Ford system at £200, go figure. Slight little off topic rant over.
At least if the PD system works I can remove it when I return the car and just buy a new sensor strip for about £12 to fit to my next vehicle. I also like the fact that you can't see the sensor.

Ursus

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well, I ordered them last wednesday late on and they arrived last Friday so really good service. Just waiting for the weather to improve before going out to fit them, may be a while yet then.

Ursus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts