Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
After owning my Kuga for a little over a month now I decided to show her a little of the rough stuff.

Got fed up of people asking "so have you taken it off road yet" and answering NO... well now I can answer YES....

Anyway I must say I was quite impressed, seeing as it was soaking wet. I didnt go to extreme as it was the first time off road with her... Maybe next time!

Enjoy....

And a couple of her after a good wash...

Cheers, Graham.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice pics Graham... thx for sharing. Looks like the Kuug is completely sumped out in one of those shots! Did u catch the underbelly at any point???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt catch the underside once, although quite a bit of long grass, fearnes etc managed to get lodged underneath... luckily they all fell out with a good jet wash!

·
Registered
227 Posts
IMG# 7 looks like a vertical wall ur about to slither down!!! Did u go through with it or did u just perch her there for the shots? Perhaps the camera angle made it look worse than it was?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amser said:
IMG# 7 looks like a vertical wall ur about to slither down!!! Did u go through with it or did u just perch her there for the shots? Perhaps the camera angle made it look worse than it was?

Not quite a vertical drop but not far off it! Yeah I went down it, I think thats where I picked up all the greenery!!!

Any steeper and I dont think I would have made it, a few hairy seconds on the way down made worse by the ground being so wet I had no brakes!

All good fun tho....

Nah the aerial was an "aftermarket add on"
I can pick up perfect recieption on any station in the world!

Cheers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
great photos Graham. Looks like some decent terrain you were doing off road. The Kuga obviously isn't as bad off road as 5th gear made out

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I know you have the very funky aerial in the middle but your 'proper' aerial is at the front. Mine is above the back window and looks a bit like a dogs tail,wonder why? Looks like we have the same Titanium X model etc. Very strange.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hessisgod said:
great photos Graham. Looks like some decent terrain you were doing off road. The Kuga obviously isn't as bad off road as 5th gear made out

Did you see the 5th gear test? Rediculous.... the speed he was trying to do on that course was just insane, if he had slowed down a bit it would have been fine im sure. Anything other than a Land Rover Defender would have performed the same at that speed.

I found the Kuga more than capable off road and the surface is quite challenging (I have also tackled it in a Mitsubishi Pajero and A Rav 4)

I personally think that Tom Ford is a bit of a turd but thats just my opinion, I wonder if Top Gear have any plans to test it next series?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, thats a point. I have got a panoramic roof. Suppose it spoils the vista if its at the front!?! I know this is a really blonde question but how do I know if I have a DAB radio? I suppose DAB stand for Dumb and Blonde
Or David 'Andsome Beckham!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
If its a DAB radio, it has the DAB logo on the front panel, bottom left quarter. There's a good picture of it in the latest Kuga brochure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
ye its the panoramic roof determines position of aerial, back for panoramic and front for normal roof

1 - 17 of 17 Posts