Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my Kuga Titaniumin Vision for almost a week. I absolutely love it. It is the best car to drive that I have ever owned, and attracts attention wherever it goes.

Only one lengthy journey so far of 100 miles round trip, but very pleased with MPG of 38.

The bluetooth is superb. I never expected it to work as well as it does. Also, if you are thinking of buying one, rear sensors at the least are essential. The front sensors on the convenience pack take some getting used to, but once you do you wonder how you ever coped before. Iparallel parkedinto a space yesterday that I would never have evenattempted in the past.

The small boot hatch is also invaluable, particularly on a shopping trip. I have hardly opened the whole boot yet.

By the way, if you like roof rails but don't care for the privacy glass, remember that you can have roof rails only. I initially ordered the appearance pack, but was very unsure about privacy glass (I hate it). I was delighted when I found out that I could just have rails (although the same price as the appearance pack) and was able to change the order. I think the car looks better for it.

A couple of faults, although nothing major. The Cruise Control doesn't work and the keyless entry on the drivers side is a bit temperamental. She is going into the Kuga hospitalnext week to have these looked at.

My only gripes so far are the reflection of the dashboard on the front windscreen which took a little while to get used to, and the underfloor storage. The underfloor storage sounds great but when you open it up it is full of moulded foam which seems to be designed to carry items which aren't there. The foamis screwed down into the car. Does anyone know if it is ok to unscrew it. I don't wantbits droppingoff the bottom of the car!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice to hear. I am still waiting, last bid are week 1, 2009.

What do you mean with front sensors takes some time to get used to? How do they work? have back sensors on my Saab 9-5, i don't se how i can live without it once you get used. I ordered front and backsensor and the rear camera. So no excuses for bad parking :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi, good to hear you are enjoying the Kuga.

I have removed the polyfoam fillers from the floor cubbies, I ordered a mimi spare wheel, so did not get the repair inflation kit either. Theyare held in by just very big threaded screws, a bit like those plasterboard fixings seen in DIY shops, they screw directly into the carpet, so no harm done by removing them.

The front sensors do help a lot, the high bonnet line makes it quite hard to judge the distance in front of the car when parking up. See my other threads about the camera, missing from the earlier car's spec. Booo!
The sensors do make it painless to park though, the camera is really for aligning the car with a towing hitch for caravans & such.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've not got sensors and I find the Kuga really easy to park as visibility is very good. Having driven a cabriolet before, anything is easy in comparison!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I say the front sensors take getting used to, I am referring to the times when I am parked nose upto a walland I put the car into reverse. Suddenly the sensors start beeping and I quickly look in my rear view mirror in the mistaken belief that I have missed something. No, it is the front sensors which have come on automatically picking up the wall.

Another thing that I am getting used to is not having a key. I am used to taking the keys out of the ignition before I leave the car. Inside the cabin, the engine is so quiet that I have lost count of the times that I have got out and realised that I have left the car running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts