Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Everyone,

She's here!!!! She's finally here. I have the biggest smile on my face you could possibly imagine. I am in heaven, what a fantastic car to drive. She's already been through the lanes on Dartmoor, very nervous about that but we did fine. I even managed to get her in the garage at the first attempt! If it's nice weather tomorrow I will be washing and waxing!

When I can figure out how to do it I will post some pictures.
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congratulations KugaCat !!

I am so pleased you have finally got her home !!! Bet you feel real good driving her

Mine had a "family wash" on Sat - even my 12 yr old Son joined it

I uploaded my photos firstly onto photobucket.com and then from there onto this site, had to alter the sizes a bit, but did it in the end.....

Enjoy driving your Kuga - I just love mine !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi KC - congrats
I am feeling a little green with envy now. Must have been lovely driving through those Devon lanes in the Kuga. Incidentally, checked the width of my garage and it is a fraction over 8ft wide and I should be able to get it through the door without folding back the mirrors if I can line it up right - about half inch of clearance each side (but then again, I managed to bash the Focus mirrors a couple of times). Now I have to persuade my other half that we should have a slightly bigger Focus with four wheel drive and a bit more ground clearance.

Have fun.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi KugaBabe,

Thanks! I certainly do. I had a chap come up to me today, he said 'what a beauty, I didn't realise it was a Ford, I thought it was a BMW'!!!! (Championkuga I hope your reading this
) I had to laugh, but he is right about the 'beauty'.

Thanks for the info on the photos by the way.

I love it, love it, love it.

Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi IWK,

Thank you. It was lovely driving through the lanes though I was nervous, I usually meet a Range Rover Sport which you may know is enormous but thankfully I didn't.

I think you will be fine getting the Kuga in the garage, I just took it real slow and she went in fine.
I have the same amount of clearance either side too but I do fold in the mirrors when I go past the door frame, just to be on the safe side.

I didn't have any problems with persuading hubby, I really thought I was going to have a fight on my hands but all it took was one look and a test drive and he was 'sold'!!! When 'Kite' came home (sorry if the name is naff but she does fly!!!) all my husband could say was 'wow'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi KC,

Thanks for that info re: garaging the 'Kite'. My wife is one of those people who feels unsettled by change and can't understand why I should want anything but the Focus. Although the Focus is a nice car and I'll be giving up the auto 'box, I find it so utterly boring and there are just too many of them about.

Would have been fun meeting the Range Rover Sport in the lanes - who would have gone back to the nearest passing place? I know what it is like as I grew up in North Devon and learnt to drive there. Keep flying and take that silly grin off your face

Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi KC,
Sounds like you're enjoying yourself! Keep me posted on the MPG, I bet it wont take you too long to go through your first tank!

Thanks

James

·
Registered
173 Posts
KugaCat said:
Hi IWK,

"Thank you. It was lovely driving through the lanes though I was nervous,"

Oh you lucky thing i'm real jealous,which part of Devon are you in? I'm from South Devon, Torbay, i don't live there anymore but am always going back to visit the folks and see friends and i will certainly be heading that way once i get my new Kuga...can't wait!!

Well, i don't want you to have ALL the gloryof driving in the beautiful Devon countryside....

Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hello KugaCat,

Thanks for you message about the Kuga being mistaken for a Beamer!
I enjoyed that one as mine has been too!

One of my neighbours was talking to me about my Kuga, saying how much he liked it so I asked whether he thought it looked like a BMW as he always drives German cars and he said "No way, X3s are ugly, your car's far too good looking"

Sarah

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi IWK,

I understand how your wife feels, I don't like change but it doesn't extend to cars. I used to change them every 2 years or so, I had a C-Max which I had for 4 years thats the longest term of ownership!

I have driven an automatic too, but only as a hire car, which incidently, it was snowing at the time and it never put a foot wrong.

As for reversing, I would have reversed first, if only to get out of the RR Sports way, it's easier and may even get a wave, if you are lucky!

Oh and I haven't stopped smiling yet

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi finestjammy1,

I will definately keep you posted on MPG, I'm reading the manual at the moment so slowly working my way round the dash with all it's settings and whatnot. Surprisingly I haven't had to fill up yet but then I am being extra cautious until I get to know the car better.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi BigG,

We are neighbours!!
I am in Teignbridge, about a mile and a half from Haytor Rocks, in fact we can see them from the bedrooms! What colour will your new Kuga be? I will look out for you and give you a wave.

I've only seen one other Kuga since before Christmas so it will be nice to see another one.

Good luck with your Kuga

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi Championkuga,

Yes I thought it was funny too!! I went up to a friend's house the first day I got the Kuga but I didn't park it in her drive, I didn't want to 'rub her nose in it' because she likes the Kuga too, anyway when I told her she said 'oh well we've been out test driving lots of cars and to be quite honest the BMW X3 drove so much better'. !!!!!!!!! Her body language was defensive and I could tell she was jealous hence the reason for the above statement. The way I look at it, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I haven't had a holiday since 2002 so I've bought myself a new car, I think I deserve it!!!!
(Sorry, I sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet!).

·
Registered
173 Posts
KugaCat said:
Hi BigG,

We are neighbours!!
I am in Teignbridge, about a mile and a half from Haytor Rocks, in fact we can see them from the bedrooms! What colour will your new Kuga be? I will look out for you and give you a wave.

I've only seen one other Kuga since before Christmas so it will be nice to see another one.

Good luck with your Kuga

Ah kugacat

It's gonna be Frozen White, and you can bet i will be heading out to Haytor when i'm down,it'll be a great place to take some pics too. Unfortunately i can't do any of this until i get the car....

G

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hi BigG.
As the dealer given you a 'date' yet? If they have don't believe a word of it!!! See my previous postings. Any way, when ever you get her, I wish you good luck, you will love her.

In that lovely white you won't be hard to spot, I'll look out for you and give you a wave.

Incidently, Haytor is where I will be taking pictures too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi kugacat

No i've not had a date yet,only on the paperwork sent through to me, est 1st April although i've not had a single phone call (intro/hello/kiss my butt) or anything in 6 weeks. I don't hold out much hope for 1st April, i don't even think they know i exsist!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone

After all my moaning and groaning i finally made a phone call to the dealership in Wolverhampton. I started by saying i thought it rather poor that i hadn't had one phone call in 6 weeks,the only contact was some paperwork which i promptly signed and sent back as ordered. I said that i felt like i didn't exsist and it seemed like i'd fallen off the face of the earth.

He was most apologetic and informed me the person in question who should have been dealing with me would be getting a slap (yes he actually said that) which i found very amusing. I found him to be most friendly and he couldn't apologise enough.

He then told me he would look on the system to try to find and locate the whereabouts of my Kuga and he would call me back.........

5mins later he called back and told me my Kuga had been built andwas on it's way to the dealershipand should be ready by the end of the first week in April....Yeah, right on estimate,although he did say that i shouldn't get too excited as this might and does often change (which i thought was honest of him).

So it looks like the saga might be coming to an end and on a more positive note thankfully.

I don't mind things going wrong as it must be expected sometimes,it's how the problem is dealt with that matters to me, and i have to say that i feel on this occasion,even after a very shakey start, i'm more than happy with the way my problem has been handled.

I'll wait now to see how things continue. Fingers crossed eh??
Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi BigG,

It can definately feel as though they've took your money and done a 'runner', I felt exactly the same, just when you feel like you want to give up, BINGO, the Car is here. I was given 3 dates, 1st was 28th Feb, 2nd was 7th March and 3rd was 14th March, the Kuga turned up on the 9th!!!!! Here's hoping that yours turns up earlier too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
KugaCat said:
Hi BigG,

It can definately feel as though they've took your money and done a 'runner', I felt exactly the same, just when you feel like you want to give up, BINGO, the Car is here. I was given 3 dates, 1st was 28th Feb, 2nd was 7th March and 3rd was 14th March, the Kuga turned up on the 9th!!!!! Here's hoping that yours turns up earlier too.

How funnyyour Kuga shares my Birthday, oh how horrid that you'll be able to think of me everytime 9th March comes around.......

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How cool is that! I will raise a birthday class of wine to you. It's funny really because one of the dates was also my dad's birthday, the 7th, that's a bit freaky.

Do you have any news on your Kuga's birthday yet?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts