Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just hope I don't jinx things by saying something!!! MY BABY WILL DELIVERED AT THE END OF FEBUARY...........there, said it, phew.

Black,titanium,apearance pack and conveniencepack, (though thinking not a good ideawith the privacy glass but needed the roof rails) Im am sooooo excited, you can't tell much!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Everyone,
Kuga is 2WD, I don't go anywhere near mud, not intentionally anyway,so I couldn't justify the 3k price difference!

I'm really not bothered about the reg', the mere fact that I've got one is a great feeling!!But having read other posts about delivery times it may turn out to be 09!

The Fiesta is a great car to drive ( think it's just been voted car of the year) and is capable, but with a family, a dog and a 6' 2" husband it was too small. I should have taken a photo of hubby sitting in the driver's seat, it's hilarious to see.Comfort in a car is something he isn't used to but he will have it now.

I can't wait to take the Kuga up to the Derbyshire Peaks where my sister lives it will be brilliant.

If I can work out how to do it I will post some pics.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,

Just thought I'd tell you that my dealer phoned today. My Kuga will ready in a couple of weeks and it will definately be on an 09 plate! I am very happy since the dealer told me it would be a very late 58.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone.
Thanks ChampionKuga and yes I am soooooo excited can't believe he/she is nearly here.

Hi KugaBabe,

I don't know about the wave I haven't seen hardly any Kugas where I am, only one to be precise. I will definately let another Kuga owner know I'm about, though they would

probably spot me straightaway anyway.

I hope everything goes well for you too. Not sure if my car is at the dealers yet, I was in such a fluster about it, I completely forgot to ask

It's funny you should mention VW because they just happen to be the last two letters of my registration number!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a call from my dealer today. My Kuga is still stuck in Belgium,boooo
. I was told it would be delivered to the dealer on the 21st!! How silly of me to take notice ofdelivery dates!!!! As you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Championkuga.

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, just like you, I got to have it yesterday! Dealer said it's something to do with low car sales, they wont send over a ferry with only a few cars on it so I've got to wait. Never mind, I will be doubly pleased to see it when it does arrives.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi KugaBabe,
Thanks for the info, I will ask the dealer to do just that!!!! Not feeling so much 'grrrrrrrrrrrr' now more 'grrrrrrrreat'!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Delivery date as changed again........aaaaahhhhhhh. It's now the 14th, Kuga is still in Flushing!
As anyone else been messed around like this?
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Gazwats.

Oh no, it's horrible when you hear those words.!! I don't want to rub your nose in it, but I got a text this morning saying that my Kuga is at the dealer!!! How can they get the delivery dates all wrong!? Keep heart, the dealer may surprise you with a text.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Everyone,

She's here!!!! She's finally here. I have the biggest smile on my face you could possibly imagine. I am in heaven, what a fantastic car to drive. She's already been through the lanes on Dartmoor, very nervous about that but we did fine. I even managed to get her in the garage at the first attempt! If it's nice weather tomorrow I will be washing and waxing!

When I can figure out how to do it I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi KugaBabe,

Thanks! I certainly do. I had a chap come up to me today, he said 'what a beauty, I didn't realise it was a Ford, I thought it was a BMW'!!!! (Championkuga I hope your reading this
) I had to laugh, but he is right about the 'beauty'.

Thanks for the info on the photos by the way.

I love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi IWK,

Thank you. It was lovely driving through the lanes though I was nervous, I usually meet a Range Rover Sport which you may know is enormous but thankfully I didn't.

I think you will be fine getting the Kuga in the garage, I just took it real slow and she went in fine.
I have the same amount of clearance either side too but I do fold in the mirrors when I go past the door frame, just to be on the safe side.

I didn't have any problems with persuading hubby, I really thought I was going to have a fight on my hands but all it took was one look and a test drive and he was 'sold'!!! When 'Kite' came home (sorry if the name is naff but she does fly!!!) all my husband could say was 'wow'.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi IWK,

I understand how your wife feels, I don't like change but it doesn't extend to cars. I used to change them every 2 years or so, I had a C-Max which I had for 4 years thats the longest term of ownership!

I have driven an automatic too, but only as a hire car, which incidently, it was snowing at the time and it never put a foot wrong.

As for reversing, I would have reversed first, if only to get out of the RR Sports way, it's easier and may even get a wave, if you are lucky!

Oh and I haven't stopped smiling yet

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi finestjammy1,

I will definately keep you posted on MPG, I'm reading the manual at the moment so slowly working my way round the dash with all it's settings and whatnot. Surprisingly I haven't had to fill up yet but then I am being extra cautious until I get to know the car better.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi BigG,

We are neighbours!!
I am in Teignbridge, about a mile and a half from Haytor Rocks, in fact we can see them from the bedrooms! What colour will your new Kuga be? I will look out for you and give you a wave.

I've only seen one other Kuga since before Christmas so it will be nice to see another one.

Good luck with your Kuga

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi Championkuga,

Yes I thought it was funny too!! I went up to a friend's house the first day I got the Kuga but I didn't park it in her drive, I didn't want to 'rub her nose in it' because she likes the Kuga too, anyway when I told her she said 'oh well we've been out test driving lots of cars and to be quite honest the BMW X3 drove so much better'. !!!!!!!!! Her body language was defensive and I could tell she was jealous hence the reason for the above statement. The way I look at it, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I haven't had a holiday since 2002 so I've bought myself a new car, I think I deserve it!!!!
(Sorry, I sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet!).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hi BigG.
As the dealer given you a 'date' yet? If they have don't believe a word of it!!! See my previous postings. Any way, when ever you get her, I wish you good luck, you will love her.

In that lovely white you won't be hard to spot, I'll look out for you and give you a wave.

Incidently, Haytor is where I will be taking pictures too.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi BigG,

It can definately feel as though they've took your money and done a 'runner', I felt exactly the same, just when you feel like you want to give up, BINGO, the Car is here. I was given 3 dates, 1st was 28th Feb, 2nd was 7th March and 3rd was 14th March, the Kuga turned up on the 9th!!!!! Here's hoping that yours turns up earlier too.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How cool is that! I will raise a birthday class of wine to you. It's funny really because one of the dates was also my dad's birthday, the 7th, that's a bit freaky.

Do you have any news on your Kuga's birthday yet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts