Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just hope I don't jinx things by saying something!!! MY BABY WILL DELIVERED AT THE END OF FEBUARY...........there, said it, phew.

Black,titanium,apearance pack and conveniencepack, (though thinking not a good ideawith the privacy glass but needed the roof rails) Im am sooooo excited, you can't tell much!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey, fantastic news KugaCat!
Did you go for 2WD or 4WD? I bet it will be a bit different from your Fiesta, mind you the new Fiesta does look pretty stunning. We have had our Kuga since September and I still feel the bees knees driving it. I get so many compliments on it and looks from other drivers.

Was it your husband who drove with his legs around his ears? If it was, he is bound to feel a lot more comfortable now!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hope your going to hold out for the 09 reg?
Mines due in early to mid feb but told the dealer I dont want it until 1st March for the new reg, as the valuation will be a considerable ammount more once a year has past.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Everyone,
Kuga is 2WD, I don't go anywhere near mud, not intentionally anyway,so I couldn't justify the 3k price difference!

I'm really not bothered about the reg', the mere fact that I've got one is a great feeling!!But having read other posts about delivery times it may turn out to be 09!

The Fiesta is a great car to drive ( think it's just been voted car of the year) and is capable, but with a family, a dog and a 6' 2" husband it was too small. I should have taken a photo of hubby sitting in the driver's seat, it's hilarious to see.Comfort in a car is something he isn't used to but he will have it now.

I can't wait to take the Kuga up to the Derbyshire Peaks where my sister lives it will be brilliant.

If I can work out how to do it I will post some pics.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

Just thought I'd tell you that my dealer phoned today. My Kuga will ready in a couple of weeks and it will definately be on an 09 plate! I am very happy since the dealer told me it would be a very late 58.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Exciting times KugaCat !! Mine will also be in to the dealer before Fri this week, so am going to have a look at it this weekend - just couldn't wait - how sad is that ? Have chosen my 09 plate....Hope PDI and Handover goes smoothly for you too !!!

Do we have a special "Kugs Owners" wave - like VW people that always converge on Newquay, Cornwall every Whitsun week ?!?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone.
Thanks ChampionKuga and yes I am soooooo excited can't believe he/she is nearly here.

Hi KugaBabe,

I don't know about the wave I haven't seen hardly any Kugas where I am, only one to be precise. I will definately let another Kuga owner know I'm about, though they would

probably spot me straightaway anyway.

I hope everything goes well for you too. Not sure if my car is at the dealers yet, I was in such a fluster about it, I completely forgot to ask

It's funny you should mention VW because they just happen to be the last two letters of my registration number!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a call from my dealer today. My Kuga is still stuck in Belgium,boooo
. I was told it would be delivered to the dealer on the 21st!! How silly of me to take notice ofdelivery dates!!!! As you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh no! That is SO frustrating! Hang on in there though KugaCat, it will be worth it.
I can guess how you feel, if you are like me, once you have made your mind up you just have to have it. Keep us posted on progress.

Sarah

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Championkuga.

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, just like you, I got to have it yesterday! Dealer said it's something to do with low car sales, they wont send over a ferry with only a few cars on it so I've got to wait. Never mind, I will be doubly pleased to see it when it does arrives.

·
Registered
268 Posts
KugaCat said:
I got a call from my dealer today. My Kuga is still stuck in Belgium,boooo
. I was told it would be delivered to the dealer on the 21st!! How silly of me to take notice ofdelivery dates!!!! As you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny.

Grrrr KugaCat..... That is sooooo annoying & frustrating !!! I find that the best form of defense is attack !!!

So....... tell your Dealer to email [email protected] with your order number and your VIN (Chassis) number and ask them for a delivery date.I did this and mine turned up at the dealer within 4 days...... very effective I think !!

Let us all know how you get on..... Good Luck and dont be a "not a happy bunny"...... be a "Grrrrrrr KugaCat !!!"

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi KugaBabe,
Thanks for the info, I will ask the dealer to do just that!!!! Not feeling so much 'grrrrrrrrrrrr' now more 'grrrrrrrreat'!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delivery date as changed again........aaaaahhhhhhh. It's now the 14th, Kuga is still in Flushing!
As anyone else been messed around like this?
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
KugaCat said:
Delivery date as changed again........aaaaahhhhhhh. It's now the 14th, Kuga is still in Flushing!
As anyone else been messed around like this?
Hi, yes me!

Although mine is a slightly different senario in thatit's been ordered as a company car via Inchcape (Zetec 2wd in vision). Order was placed towards the end of Jan with a delivery date mid/end March. Having read this thread today I've called Inchcapelunchtime only to be told that I'm now looking at a mid April delivery

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Gazwats.

Oh no, it's horrible when you hear those words.!! I don't want to rub your nose in it, but I got a text this morning saying that my Kuga is at the dealer!!! How can they get the delivery dates all wrong!? Keep heart, the dealer may surprise you with a text.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I actually work for Ford and have access to the vehicle tracking system, if you supply me with dealer no, order number or VIN if you have managed to get it out of the dealer I can get an uptodate status.

Raymondo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all

I 've read your delivery changes and it feels so bad....

I am leaving in Belgium.

Of course I have a case of my own.

When I order the car6th of JAN 09 they told that the car will be hereat the end of FEB.

By the end of FEB they told after one week and yesterday they told me 2 APR 09

There is no need totell you what hapend afterwards.....

The most annoing is, that they are trying to convince me, that theproblem that blocks the car,isthe homoligition ofRan Flat tiresby the insurance company. I don't think that this is the case anyway...

The good thing what so ever is that they will give me a money compensation for the delay, or I can take my money backif I want to cancel the order.

Can anyone tell me if this happend to him before...

Or what I can do ....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds strange...

I ordered our Kuga approx. Jan. 22 and it arrive at the dealer today 5 of March. It will be rady for delivery next week

What wheels is your car ordered with??

Mine is ordered with the19" wheels...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts