Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if anyone is interested/cares, but I like to keep my modules up to date using my own FDRS and VCM3.

There is a new DSP module update out, which I’ve just applied, which is the B&O Audio module..

Nothing to report, but I don’t know if people would find it useful if I post any updates I see here.

My car was built March 2022 and so far the following module updates were available (now applied)

PSCM - Power Steering Control Module
TCU - Telematics Control Unit (FordPass Modem)
DSP - As above.

All of the above only relevant for MK3.

·
Registered
2020 KUGA 2.5 PHEV ST-Line First Edition 5dr CVT
15 Posts
Sorry I don't know this language, could someone translate it into English. I do know B&O, but the rest ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is why I posted in the technical section.

FDRS is the software used by dealers to diagnose/update the software in the car.
The VCM is the hardware that plugs into the OBD port on the car.

Some technical people like to be able to “fix” issues with the car, rather than take it to a dealer.

As I said, most people won’t be interested in this at all, but there might be someone out there like me that does the updates themselves.

Basically, I have the same tools a dealer has to update modules in the car.

·
Registered
2020 KUGA 2.5 PHEV ST-Line First Edition 5dr CVT
15 Posts
This is why I posted in the technical section.

FDRS is the software used by dealers to diagnose/update the software in the car.
The VCM is the hardware that plugs into the OBD port on the car.

Some technical people like to be able to “fix” issues with the car, rather than take it to a dealer.

As I said, most people won’t be interested in this at all, but there might be someone out there like me that does the updates themselves.

Basically, I have the same tools a dealer has to update modules in the car.
Thanks for the reply, I'm always willing to learn & tinker with my tech. I've used the obd port for simple stuff. But will now do more research. again thanks

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
2,292 Posts
Do you buy slots from Ford Server or have you bought a subscription?.

I bought a VCM2 for our Mk2 a while back, not cheap but cheaper than bricking a module!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought an annual license key for FDRS. Many others just buy a 1 day key, or 1 week key depending on their use.

Reactions: keithmac
1 - 6 of 6 Posts