Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Turkey. I have a Kuga 2009 Mk1 2.0 TDCI. During a city drive ABS, ESP and park brake lights turned on. Took it to garage and read the fault code C1267. Checked all the fuses and see that electric reaching untill the ABS module socket but car is without abs and esp right now which is really dangerous. Any idea/advise where to check or need to change complete unit which will cost a small fortune in here.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,086 Posts
Hi Marbleman,

I've no idea what this could be, but if it's anything to do with your brakes, I would get it to a garage and get it sorted professionally ASAP for your own safety and other road users.

·
Registered
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
938 Posts
Like DogDelue has said matey.

It needs to be taken to the garage where someone with the right gear can get it sorted.

Last thing you want is the car going ****-up and killing someone or you.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Marbleman,

I've no idea what this could be, but if it's anything to do with your brakes, I would get it to a garage and get it sorted professionally ASAP for your own safety and other road users.
Thanks.
Hi Marbleman,

Explanation of fault code is ABS functions are temporarily disabled. Just for the information if anybody needs, if all four ABS sensors ok, fuses and cables are ok and if you see the electric is reaching to ABS control module socket only issue left. ABS hydrolic pump or module itself. According to result of my researchs ABS and ESP are controlled by the same module on some of the models.
Looking the whole unit. Seems like need to be changed.

P.s Car is not on the traffic right now even brakes are ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like DogDelue has said matey.

It needs to be taken to the garage where someone with the right gear can get it sorted.

Last thing you want is the car going ****-up and killing someone or you.
Thanks for the advice. Brakes are working but in any case car is at the garage already. Looking for whole ABS unit.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Marbleman, check alternator and battery, the control modules don't like a dirty electrical supply or over or under voltage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I will. Actually we checked but it was just a circuit lamp. Showing if the voltage available or not. Not showing exact voltage...

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Best give it proper check out volateg and that the alternator can deliver the current when loaded electrically loaded. Oh and water ingress from bulkhead into cabin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts