Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys.

I hope that you are all well.

I took note of all your comments last time and have decided to get the roof rails, and upgrade my alloys to 19".

I did contemplate getting the privacy glass, but is this a good idea without the parking sensors etc.

Kuga I am getting has the Blue Glass anyway.

Is the privacy glass worth getting? Howdoes it look with the back windows being a very different colour to those at the front, as I haven't seen a Kuga with Privacy Glass at the Ford Dealers.

Davie

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The privacy glass looks the business with Panther Black. Have a look on Photo Album post. As I have said before, the big draw back is rear view vision is tricky in the dark. I regret not having parking sensors with mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Championkuga, have you not considered having Parking Sensors fitted or is the price a little OTT?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Championkuga. Your Kuga looks fab and looks a similar spec to mine, when I eventually get it, that is.

Can I ask. What size alloys do you have on yours?

Davie

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks
My alloys are 18" and yes, I really would like to have sensors fitted. I haven't made any inquiries yetas I have a feeling it might be an expensive job. I am probably a bit pathetic but I would rather have them dealer fitted although I am sure that I will have to pay over the top for the privilege. Has anyone else done that yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Championkuga

Have had rear sensors fittedby my dealers at a cost of £400 front and rear. Should have front ones fitted tomorrow. (I've said that a few times before!!!!!!!!!!!!).

There is a problemwith retro fitting the front ones because of the wiring and the grill but have been assured it willbe donetomorrow.

Even with just the rear ones fitted it is worth the money.

Shadow

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Shadow,
Quite confident with forward parking in the Kuga so hopefully 'rears ' only shouldn't be too expensive. So you used a Ford dealer, did they do a neat job? They don't look too retro do they?

Feel like I really need them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Championkuga

Yes they have done a good job and look like the real thing. However I was a little suprised that after fitting themthe dealerappeared suprised that I wanted them painted the same colour as the Kuga and not left black!!!!!!

I have posted more on this subject as follows:---

<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =msgableTop vAlign=top>Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 11:10am</TD></TR>
<TR =msgableRow style="MIN-HEIGHT: 200px; HEIGHT: 200px">
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top>
<DIV =msg>Hi joe90

Sorry to hear about your crunch.

I have had parking sensors retro fitted at my dealers. Front and rear cost £400 although I have only had the rear ones done so far. (They did not have the parts for the front but have now and will fit them next week)

The rear ones have a display on the dash, about the size of my thumb,up against the windscreen. This comes on when I select reverse and the display starts to countdown from 1 1/2 metres. It also emits a beep starting intermittantly then becoming continuous as you get closer. The display also shows which side theobstruction is.

Hope this helps.

Shadow

If this works you should have a picture of myparking sensor display (rear only)

The display is showing no obstruction.

</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,
It's been some time since this thread was active, but I have a 'problem'.

I have dealer fit front sensors, but they remain 'on' even after switching off the ignition. Thsi is seriously annoying as it just keeps going off in car parks as soon as anyone goes near it !. They did fit a 'convenient' isolator switch, but this usually means I need to switch it permanently off and remember to turn it on gain in tight parking situations. Did you get the front sensors fitted and did you find a 'switched' power supply ?

I'm in dispute with the dealer about this as I understand the factorty fits are switched - It would be good if someone could confirm that too.

Assistance appreciated as ever.

Hope you can help

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mine were factory fitted as part of the convenience pack. As you've already pointed out, they are switched and turn off and on with the ignition. However,for info, with the ignition on, the front ones only come on after reverse has been selected. This stops them going off if you are in traffic etc.
If you still have the ignition switched on after reversing etc, but are in neutral, they will still beep if someone walks past them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks - That sounds ideal. Mine is back at the dealers now. There's no way I can get what you have and I'll settle forjust turning off with the ignition. I live in hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts