Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Expected Delivery Date

197K views 1K replies 134 participants last post by  gemcem 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
How much prior to the expected delivery date do you normally get notified it slipped or the car is being built - it's now 5 weeks before my expected delivery date and no update bearing in mind it takes 4-6 to get to the UK from Spain.

#5 ·
Well done Guys enjoy your new motors, I placed my order on July10th, Kuga 2.0 Ecoblue mHEV ST Line X with Tech Pack, now being told by the dealer that I won't see it before March 2022 !!!!!!!!! due to the semi conductor issue, heater supplier being "cyber attacked", supply shortage of pano roofs and...... China's magnesium output.

#6 ·
Snap just called my dealer and the PHEV i ordered Sept 4 that was going to be 4-6 months is now going to be nearer 6 months so instead of 18th Dec 2021 its March April 2022 , at least it will be a 22 plate

#8 ·
Also had a call from the dealer today, told me no build date yet and not to expect it this year. I placed my order on the 1st September.

#70 ·
I ordered my ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS. With the drivers assistance pack, technology pack and the wirless charging pad. I ordered mine in September. I was told I would get a build date this January not heard anything yet. I'm going to wait a week or so and phone my dealer up. I hope I don't have too wait a year for mine. I did wait 18 months for my Kuga Titanium X. But I don't have a car at all at the moment.

#9 ·
I got a delivery date for mine once it reached the compound, then the dealer phoned me the next day and told me during PDI they saw damage on the front bumper, so had to go into the body shop for repair!
I had to wait another agonising month before it arrived, but it was worth the wait.

#10 ·
Ordered Kuga PHEV ST Line X in September, was at the time advised of build date of Oct 8th and estimated delivery Nov 13th. I was told on Nov 1st car wasn't even built and no date new build dates because prob!ems with piano roof? So have no idea now, was thinking of cancelling but in no rush for new model at moment, happy with my 2019 MK 2.5.

#11 ·
Ordered Kuga PHEV ST Line X in September, was at the time advised of build date of Oct 8th and estimated delivery Nov 13th. I was told on Nov 1st car wasn't even built and no date new build dates because prob!ems with piano roof? So have no idea now, was thinking of cancelling but in no rush for new model at moment, happy with my 2019 MK 2.5.
Is that a new audio update over the B&O

#15 ·
Ordered my kuga 1.5 st line x in Sept, just arrived in the uk could be getting it in the next few days wohooooooo it was a cancellation hence why i am getting it earlier

#17 · (Edited)
That’s interesting you have a similar spec I orders 4th sept and predicted delivery date 18th December 2021( no chance now) might see if I can hold for 22 plate

#120 ·
I hope NigelB is wrong what he said " Gentlemen, those of you waiting for Diesels would be well advised I think to double check with your dealers that you will get your cars at all. I have got quite friendly with my dealer. He lives around the corner from my daughter. He has had to renegotiate all of his Diesel orders as ford are no longer shipping any passenger vehicles with Diesel engines. I asked him if this down to the chip shortage
and he replied that is was a permanent change."

But it is starting to look that way tbh with. I was meant to get a build date in January 2022 which I did. My dealer said sorry no information on your build date. Hopefully March or April I will have a build date for you.

I ordered a ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS With the following packs. drivers assistance pack, technology pack, and the wireless charging pad. The colour is Agate Black.
Also ordered the same car on 4th September and had been told would be end of December that they hoped it would be delivered, have spoken to them since a couple of times and still no build date. As of yesterday (28th January) the dealer had no word from ford. I pointed out to the dealer that I noticed that they now no longer have diesel option on the ford website and I was basically told yes that’s right but hopefully yours will still be built……… hopefully? Doesn’t sound optimistic and why was I not informed that they were no longer doing diesels….. lack of communication to my dealer from ford

Reactions: Mad Dog
#23 ·
I ordered my car 3 weeks ago and if the delivery date is Autumn next year it does make me wonder about equity . The value on webuyanycar has dropped by £3k in those 3 weeks and my Ford Credit balloon payment will have been settled in August which was not what the salesman assumed when I ordered. Not forgetting the extra mileage I will have done in this car.

#24 ·
Have they not given you a fixed price for your vehicle - i was in a fortunate position i was able to sell my current vehicle and borrow a car from the family

#26 ·
To be clear, Ford guarantee the purchase price deal on a firm order. There is no guarantee on the trade in price other than if a dealer agrees to it, as that part of the transaction is nothing to do with Ford. If it takes a year, you add 10,000 miles etc don't expect the same trade in. Now as it happens, of late, used car prices have been very strong so many garages will be honouring the deal they did because actually the trade in is probably worth more, so they are getting a good deal. That will not remain the case as the market stabilises over the next 12 to 18 months and supply problems ease.

#28 ·
That is very unlikely. If being built now it will arrive in about 3 or 4 weeks maximum. They may have a build slot order that has been cancelled and you may be lucky, but any genuine new PHEV orders now will be Autumn 2022. Vanarama use UK dealers so they can't magic cars out of nowhere.

#30 ·
FHEVs are now March/April and PHEVs are June onwards. No more Diesels are being built and most customers have switched to PHEV hence the extended delay. This is directly from the Dealer Principal at my dealer.

#32 ·
Only your dealer can tell you I am afraid. The Sales Manager at my dealer lives just around the corner from my daughter. I saw him in the street and asked him how things were going and he said that they cannot even get a new car to put in the showroom as their priority is to fill customers orders. They have resorted to putting two customer trade-ins in the showroom to at least enable prospective buyers to sit in one.

Strange times in the industry indeed.

#33 ·
Just had an update on our PHEV ST Line X that we ordered Mid October.
Car now has a build date & expected delivery date to dealer of End Feb/Beg March.

My bro-in-law who works at a dealer ordered same spec as mine 2 weeks before & has said his is due in Beg-Mid Feb

Reactions: Gooding89
#36 ·
Popped by my dealers yesterday and the Kuga PHEV I ordered on the 29th of October has a build date of 12th of Jan and delivery date of 26th February. So naturally I told him to hold it for 2 days and go for a 22 plate. Screengrab he sent me shows it as a 2022 00 Model Year build. Not sure of any changes made from previous models. My Dad ordered the non plug in petrol Hybrid the day after in Vignale trim and no dates of any sort showing on his docket. Time to sort out a home wall charger now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.