Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1068 Posts

·
Registered
ford kuga st x line 2.5 FHEV 2022 model
15 Posts
Well ordered new for kuga July 2021 now its been at ford dealers for 3 weeks as needs a update
But ford haven't got update
Won't release car because can cause security issue
I am so annoyed waited year only now waiting for them to get a update
Anyone else had this problem
what have you ordered if its a PHEV or FHEV its not an update but a recall as these are catching fire and fords ''FIX'' is to drill a couple of holes into a plate at bottom of engine. I have just rejected and been refunded for my 3 month old car. Think its ONLY these models affected

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just an update on my delivery, as previously mentioned I only ordered May 23rd and fell super lucky with what must have been a cancelled slot, build date was June 13th and it’s been delivered to the dealer today. Looks like it needs an update but holding out to take a Sept delivery so plenty of time for that to be sorted.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just an update on my delivery, as previously mentioned I only ordered May 23rd and fell super lucky with what must have been a cancelled slot, build date was June 13th and it’s been delivered to the dealer today. Looks like it needs an update but holding out to take a Sept delivery so plenty of time for that to be sorted.
you’re joking, 6 weeks ago mine was built and now been told it’s ETA is now another 5/6 weeks

·
Registered
19 Posts
you’re joking, 6 weeks ago mine was built and now been told it’s ETA is now another 5/6 weeks
There really seems no logic to any order, people waiting months and I’ve waited weeks, this is my 13th new car and by far the quickest from order to delivery I’ve ever had.

Mine was originally due by July 24th to dealer so couple weeks later but still ridiculously quick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There really seems no logic to any order, people waiting months and I’ve waited weeks, this is my 13th new car and by far the quickest from order to delivery I’ve ever had.

Mine was originally due by July 24th to dealer so couple weeks later but still ridiculously quick.
yeah no logic at all. Plenty of excuses though

·
Registered
On order: Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic
18 Posts
Definitely no logic lol... The one thing I've learnt on this forum is no matter how long you think you've been waiting, there is always some poor devil that's been waiting longer than you have! It is what it is I guess 🙈

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely no logic lol... The one thing I've learnt on this forum is no matter how long you think you've been waiting, there is always some poor devil that's been waiting longer than you have! It is what it is I guess 🙈
Iv been waiting a year admittedly for a diesel, 4 weeks ago it was in Antwerp should have been at dealers end of last month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what have you ordered if its a PHEV or FHEV its not an update but a recall as these are catching fire and fords ''FIX'' is to drill a couple of holes into a plate at bottom of engine. I have just rejected and been refunded for my 3 month old car. Think its ONLY these models affected
It's a ford kuga diesel 2.0 190 st line x edition

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ford Kuga Diesel 2.0 190 St line x edition
Phoned dealer up even though car been there all this time 4 weeks now update has come out won't give delivery date until he gets update at ford dealers
Still no idea what update is needed

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
It will be for the defective E-Call system. They are not legally allowed to supply the car if this is not working. The modification requires the dealer to fit a new TCU (effectively a modem) which only takes a couple of hours. Keep pressing them for a firm date.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got a call off the dealer, he said the car arrived yesterday and hopefully I'm picking it up next Friday
Nice same as mine, arrived at dealer yesterday. You not holding out til Sept 1st?

Reactions: Jimbo1701

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you loose the price protection if you delay delivery.

i.e if your vehicle is ready for collection now, but you say I want hold of until September. Can they drop the price protection

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you loose the price protection if you delay delivery.

i.e if your vehicle is ready for collection now, but you say I want hold of until September. Can they drop the price protection
No they can’t but if you received a deal back when you ordered make sure they honour it because my dealer has welched on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was going too but when he said i could have it next week I thought just get it and put a end to this long running saga ,I've got a private plate too put on it anyway
Fair enough cant argue with that. I'm holding out but as I only ordered 11 weeks ago i've waited no time, not that it will matter too much as like you a private plate is going on.

@pillsburyb - No drop in price protection, price is as deal when ordered, was actually the dealer that asked if I wanted to just wait for the 72 plate. I'm thinking more about resale as only plan to have the car for the 2 years max.

·
Registered
105 Posts
16-Aug-2021 Ordered
Kuga 2.0 (190) Diesel Automatic AWD ST-Line X Edition. Solar silver.
07-July-2022 Gate Released
24-July-2022 In compound Flushing, Netherlands.
29-July-2022 In compound Dagenham. UK.
13-AUG-2022 (w/e) ETA to dealer. Changed to
20-Aug-2022 (w/e) ETA to dealer

·
Registered
On order: Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic
18 Posts
Just had update from dealer they have car arranged handover for next wen morning.
Great news! Glad you finally have a pick up day... safe to say it's long overdue given how long you been waiting! Hope all goes smoothly (y)

1021 - 1040 of 1068 Posts