Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1068 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,602 Posts
Perhaps it's about time we change this crazy system we have for number plate registrations. Yeah I have been there waiting for August 1st as it used to be as surely nobody would be daft enough to register a car in July. One dealer delivered my new car to my house on the 31st July. Those were the days when there was only one new registration per year but it's not much better now.

They would be better off with a random system and just having the manufacture year stamped on the plate. All the current system does is push people from buying a 22 plate, if we choose this year, to a 72 plate when there may only be a month between them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
16-Aug-2021 Ordered
Kuga 2.0 (190) Diesel Automatic AWD ST-Line X Edition. Solar silver.
07-July-2022 Gate Released
24-July-2022 In compound Flushing, Netherlands.
29-July-2022 In compound Dagenham. UK.
13-AUG-2022 (w/e) ETA to dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in a catch 22 situation I orded mine last July and I want to get my hands on the car but I would love to have a 72 plate on it .
I suppose another few weeks on to the12 months is neither here nor there
Hello Phil58,

I am in a very similar situation. Ordered a FHEV late September 21 and finally had word 3 weeks ago that the car was due at the dealer mid-August. I phoned them and asked if they could push the registration back to September - waited almost a year so might as well wait a bit longer for the new plate. ”No problem”, was the answer 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
16-Aug-2021 Ordered
Kuga 2.0 (190) Diesel Automatic AWD ST-Line X Edition. Solar silver.
07-July-2022 Gate Released
24-July-2022 In compound Flushing, Netherlands.
29-July-2022 In compound Dagenham. UK.
13-AUG-2022 (w/e) ETA to dealer.
These dates match mine so I'm hoping for a similar delivery date. Although another 2 weeks from Dagenham to dealership seems a little long but I've made it this far

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Phil58,

I am in a very similar situation. Ordered a FHEV late September 21 and finally had word 3 weeks ago that the car was due at the dealer mid-August. I phoned them and asked if they could push the registration back to September - waited almost a year so might as well wait a bit longer for the new plate. ”No problem”, was the answer 👍
I think most people who are waiting for their car to arrive will want the same outcome a 72 plate and I think that we deserve that for our patients

·
Registered
ford kuga st x line 2.5 FHEV 2022 model
15 Posts
How much prior do the expected delivery date do you normally get notified its slipped or the car is being built - its now 5 weeks before my expected delivery date and no update bearing in mind it takes 4-6 to get to the uk from Spain
In my honest opinion CANCEL while you can these are shoddily built and FORD customer care.... Doesnt care !!

·
Registered
ford kuga st x line 2.5 FHEV 2022 model
15 Posts
Have you had issues with yours?
YES squeaks rattles, warning lights erratic and now a recall saying possible fire issues. Ford are Not interested in looking after customers I am Rejecting my car and buying something else.... anything else just Not a Ford. Run for the hills whilst you can !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone like me awaiting the sos ecall fix.. Ford UK on twitter announced this morning a fix was made available from today and to contact point of sale..

Mines been on hold in Valencia for over 7 weeks for this repair... I messaged the twitter team who confirmed my car is no longer on hold and is awaiting a vessel to bring it to the uk..

Not holding my breath but had to laugh when they said its now being prioritised so I get it quicker 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: Stuart0979

·
Registered
On order: Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic
18 Posts
Just out of interest (I've given Google Translate some hammer here haha!) I notice on the dates on here that the "Fecha Pedido" (Order Date) is 30th November 2021 but the "Fecha Asignacion Cliente SYNCHRO" (Customer Assignment date) is 16th may 2022 (When Slotcarman ordered the car). So is it this car was already ordered by the dealer? Or by someone else that has since cancelled and it's been reassigned to Slotcarman? Guess that would explain the crazy quick turnaround from apparent order date to delivery if originally it was ordered in November last year. Also a November order seems to be about right for an early October delivery going by what people (myself included) have been told this last few weeks now that we finally have build dates.

Also "Fetcha Prevista Produccion" ( Expected Production date) of 23rd September ... sounds tight for a 1st October delivery :unsure: wouldn't you think? EDIT just realised you are based in Spain :LOL:🙈

·
Registered
25 Posts
A bit lost here
Just had this sent to me Ordered 16th May 2022 and delivery should be 1st October 2022. It will be interesting to see how this plays out ! 4 1/2 months!!
I now understand what you are saying Stuart 0979, it could have been ordered by another garage?? We will see what transpires!
I had asked my garage if I could change over to a Mk 4 as was told I may not get mine until December, though a september date agreed initially, but December on lease contract.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well ordered new for kuga July 2021 now its been at ford dealers for 3 weeks as needs a update
But ford haven't got update
Won't release car because can cause security issue
I am so annoyed waited year only now waiting for them to get a update
Anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well ordered new for kuga July 2021 now its been at ford dealers for 3 weeks as needs a update
But ford haven't got update
Won't release car because can cause security issue
I am so annoyed waited year only now waiting for them to get a update
Anyone else had this problem
My kuga was ordered may 2021 last update I got was car was in Antwerp expected at dealers end of july to arrange hand over no update since

·
Registered
39 Posts
My latest update is that ETA is now mid September instead of the end of August.
I'm luckier than most as mines a mobility car so I havnt chased them up about it as I'm driving a 18plate s-max 2.0lt titanium at min still. Those that are paying for them it's not good enough in this day and age not to keep people more informed about the vehicle they have ordered where it is and the status of car on a weekly basis once car is built.

1001 - 1020 of 1068 Posts