Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
841 - 860 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone who ordered a Fhev last year still waiting for any update or have you heard something?

I'm not a betting man, but I'd be surprised if I get it before September
Not last year, but ordered a FHEV on April 1st of 2022. Dealer informed me 2 weeks ago that they expect delivery in the first half of August.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered my PHEV late Feb 22 and they are still quoting me October.
I ordered mine Mid-Jan 22, dealer contacted me a couple of weeks ago to advise that estimated build date was 23/06 (today)

Awaiting next update from the dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
My last update was car was due to be built around 7th june nothing since then, to be honest I'm past caring about it

Reactions: obrienmfg

·
Registered
Ford kuga 2.5 St line x phev, frozen white, ordered Feb 22
4 Posts
Hi all newbie here.
I ordered my Kuga St-line x Edition 2.5 Phev in Frozen White with 20" wheel and the technology pack upgrade in February this year. The delivery date has been quoted as mid November, does this sound like the average?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an ST Line X FHEV on order since late September 2021.
My dealer contacted me today to say that the car is due to be delivered on 3rd September.
No build date, so my question is this.
How can they give an delivery date when they dont even know when its being built ?

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
I have an ST Line X FHEV on order since late September 2021.
My dealer contacted me today to say that the car is due to be delivered on 3rd September.
No build date, so my question is this.
How can they give an delivery date when they dont even know when its being built ?
Ford issues a weekly bulletin to dealers giving 'windows'within which builds will be completed without exact dates. From these an approximate delivery date can be extrapolated. Things may well ease up when Valencia returns from its annual shutdown as they will no longer he building any Diesels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ford issues a weekly bulletin to dealers giving 'windows'within which builds will be completed without exact dates. From these an approximate delivery date can be extrapolated. Things may well ease up when Valencia returns from its annual shutdown as they will no longer he building any Diesels.
Thanks for the swift reply. Makes sense the way you put it.
Oh well at least i have a rough guestimate now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just come off the phone to my dealer.. My car was built June 10th..but thanks to the emergency call button software problem it's still in Valencia awaiting a software update.. He did say he's not allowed to hand over any cars they have until Ford have fixed the issue.

The wait continues.. You really couldn't make this up lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
Mine was held in Valencia and 5hen at Dagenham for a mod to the steering bracket. Nothing like getting it right first time and this is absolutely nothing like getting it right first time 😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just come off the phone to my dealer.. My car was built June 10th..but thanks to the emergency call button software problem it's still in Valencia awaiting a software update.. He did say he's not allowed to hand over any cars they have until Ford have fixed the issue.

The wait continues.. You really couldn't make this up lol.
Mine was built June 13th and been no updates on movement since, suspect it could also be in the same situation as yours. But given I ordered end of May 22 I’m not going to say anything else, if it lands when they say it’ll be the quickest delivery of a new car I’ve ever had and this is number 14. How I’ve managed that given everyone on here waiting months I’ll never know.

Reactions: NigelB and wilfyeat

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was built June 13th and been no updates on movement since, suspect it could also be in the same situation as yours. But given I ordered end of May 22 I’m not going to say anything else, if it lands when they say it’ll be the quickest delivery of a new car I’ve ever had and this is number 14. How I’ve managed that given everyone on here waiting months I’ll never know.
You've dropped on a cancellation I bet mate.. Fair play.. Dealer did say he was still hoping for handover sometime in July.. Fingers crossed ours get on that ferry leaving on the 28th 🤞🏻

·
Registered
12 Posts
You've dropped on a cancellation I bet mate.. Fair play.. Dealer did say he was still hoping for handover sometime in July.. Fingers crossed ours get on that ferry leaving on the 28th 🤞🏻
Yeah i'm hoping it does. Thats the only thing the dealer and I can assume, we figured with the options it would easily push out to next year which I was more than fine with. Very lucky if I landed a cancelled order to spec.

·
Registered
On order: Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic
5 Posts
Hi all. I'm a newbie but no surprises I've joined predominantly on account of my wait! So here's my tale...

Ordered a PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic with Alphabet via Marshalls Cambridge just before the Christmas break up last year and was given an estimate on 1st August 2022 delivery.

My mate who I work with also went for a Kuga PHEV but he picked the Vignale instead, ordered his first week in January 2022 thru same dealer and given an estimate of 1st September 2022 delivery.

He's since had updates on early build dates which brought it forward a month, then 3 weeks ago had an email to say it was built and as the dealer waiting for delivery! He's now driving around in it. You can see where this is going lol!

I chased and every time they've said mine doesn't even have a build date yet and they've kicked the estimate back a month to September now. Part of me is kicking myself as I nearly went for the Vignale myself but was wowed by the ST Line X in the dealership when I went browsing. Does it seem odd though how two cars ordered so closely together by same supply chain can be so different? Or is it likely down to that Pan Roof that comes with mine causing the probs?

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Thanks guys 👍

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
Your friend was lucky.

I ordered my new Kuga in late October and picked it up on the 8th of June. Around eight months, probably nine seems standard at the moment unless you get a cancellation.

PHEVs seem to be taking longer although more production slots are being released with the total cessation of Diesel Kuga production for Europe.

It will be worth the wait.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply Nigel and for the welcome! I did wonder if that was the case as it does seem everyone is around that sort of wait time from reading through the thread. I'll let him know he's lucky (not for the first time haha!)

Thanks again 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. I'm a newbie but no surprises I've joined predominantly on account of my wait! So here's my tale...

Ordered a PHEV ST Line X in Magnetic with Alphabet via Marshalls Cambridge just before the Christmas break up last year and was given an estimate on 1st August 2022 delivery.

My mate who I work with also went for a Kuga PHEV but he picked the Vignale instead, ordered his first week in January 2022 thru same dealer and given an estimate of 1st September 2022 delivery.

He's since had updates on early build dates which brought it forward a month, then 3 weeks ago had an email to say it was built and as the dealer waiting for delivery! He's now driving around in it. You can see where this is going lol!

I chased and every time they've said mine doesn't even have a build date yet and they've kicked the estimate back a month to September now. Part of me is kicking myself as I nearly went for the Vignale myself but was wowed by the ST Line X in the dealership when I went browsing. Does it seem odd though how two cars ordered so closely together by same supply chain can be so different? Or is it likely down to that Pan Roof that comes with mine causing the probs?

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Thanks guys 👍
I've had an ST Line X Fhev on order since late September 21. I don't expect to see it much before sept this year.
I've also seen the FHEV models in Vignale trim that were ordered December this year that have come through already. Ford don't seem to have any system we as normal folk understand, but i'm sure they do.
If you're only looking at a potential 8 to 10 weeks more to wait i'd just keep in contact with your dealer and count the days down till you're in your new car. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ellis! That's interesting then that the Vignales are coming through quicker on the FHEV's too! Wonder why that is... But like you say it's unlikely us normal folk will understand Ford's logic haha! And yes like you say it's hopefully only a couple more months or so... I wouldn't of really of been bothered had my green eyed monster not come out when his turned up early haha! Plus I'm eager to jump from my 17p a mile rate on the Mondeo MHEV to 25p a mile that the Kuga will give me 😍 🙈

Reactions: Elis Wyn Jones
841 - 860 of 867 Posts