Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MK3 ST Line edition
20 Posts
Had an update to say my August order has no build date, however dealer has moved me to an identical cancelled July order with 14th January build date - ETA mid March.
Nice one! It’s worth the wait!

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,157 Posts
My understanding is its the date of the build completion

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
17 Posts
Had an update to say my August order has no build date, however dealer has moved me to an identical cancelled July order with 14th January build date - ETA mid March.
If a July order has only just got a build date for January I imagine my October order won’t even be started until April at the earliest at this rate

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,161 Posts
It's the day assembly begins, I believe.
It doesn’t take long to build it, an hour at most, depending on the speed of the line at any given time 😉

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just received this from my dealer, remember I ordered mine back in August last year:

'Checked on your car unfortunate it won’t be built until the 2nd quarter of this year. So you are unlikely to see this until May at the earliest.'

Reactions: Gooding89

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
17 Posts
Just received this from my dealer, remember I ordered mine back in August last year:

'Checked on your car unfortunate it won’t be built until the 2nd quarter of this year. So you are unlikely to see this until May at the earliest.'
Taking a long time frustrating but I think it’s every manufacturer. I guess I’ll be lucky to get mine by august next year, I’m hoping the dealer says true to the price guarantee for my trade in

·
Registered
24 Posts
Taking a long time frustrating but I think it’s every manufacturer. I guess I’ll be lucky to get mine by august next year, I’m hoping the dealer says true to the price guarantee for my trade in
It is, but I'm not letting it get to me. It is, what it is at the end of the day. When I spoke to my dealer, they said the deal hasn't changed. After all the paperwork is signed etc and cannot be changed.

Reactions: Gooding89

·
Registered
Ford Kuga ST X AWD Automatic Diesal 2.0 Ltr 190PS MK 3 with the all the available packages.
9 Posts
Also had a call from the dealer today, told me no build date yet and not to expect it this year. I placed my order on the 1st September.
I ordered my ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS. With the drivers assistance pack, technology pack and the wirless charging pad. I ordered mine in September. I was told I would get a build date this January not heard anything yet. I'm going to wait a week or so and phone my dealer up. I hope I don't have too wait a year for mine. I did wait 18 months for my Kuga Titanium X. But I don't have a car at all at the moment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered my ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS. With the drivers assistance pack, technology pack and the wirless charging pad. I ordered mine in September. I was told I would get a build date this January not heard anything yet. I'm going to wait a week or so and phone my dealer up. I hope I don't have too wait a year for mine. I did wait 18 months for my Kuga Titanium X. But I don't have a car at all at the moment.
Ordered in August. I ordered an ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS, with the technology pack, spare wheel and the wirless charging pad.
Heard absolutely diddly squat. Watching you with interest Mad Dog.
The only thing from the dealer is build dates and VIN numbers appear then have them put back or removed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have an ST Line X AWD Auto 2L Diesel 190PS on order which was placed in June with the Driver Assistance Pack and Technology Pack. The dealer doesn’t have any idea when the car will arrive. I’m hoping to get the car for the new reg in March however don’t know how likely that will be. It’s so long ago that when my order was placed the wireless charging pad was included.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Im waiting since February last year for 2 litre 150 break in Ireland
Ordered in August. I ordered an ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS, with the technology pack, spare wheel and the wirless charging pad.
Heard absolutely diddly squat. Watching you with interest Mad Dog.
The only thing from the dealer is build dates and VIN numbers appear then have them put back or removed.
Im waiting for a 2 litre 150 stx with the winter pack since February last year in Ireland 🇮🇪. 😭

·
Super Moderator
2,704 Posts
Gentlemen, those of you waiting for Diesels would be well advised I think to double check with your dealers that you will get your cars at all. I have got quite friendly with my dealer. He lives around the corner from my daughter. He has had to renegotiate all of his Diesel orders as ford are no longer shipping any passenger vehicles with Diesel engines. I asked him if this down to the chip shortage and he replied that is was a permanent change.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have been informed my lease Kuga is built and on its way from Spain and I was asked "would I like it sooner than April?, we can do February 1st?" they're going to come back to me with a confirmed delivery date.. I did ask if they would prefer it on a 22 plate but they didn't seem bothered, the finance was proposed with a 01/05 delivery date, so I can't see why they wouldn't want to wait the 4 weeks..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have been informed my lease Kuga is built and on its way from Spain and I was asked "would I like it sooner than April?, we can do February 1st?" they're going to come back to me with a confirmed delivery date.. I did ask if they would prefer it on a 22 plate but they didn't seem bothered, the finance was proposed with a 01/05 delivery date, so I can't see why they wouldn't want to wait the 4 weeks..
That seems like they're rushing to meet quota, I'm not entirely sure how leasing companies work compared to dealers. But I can only assume that the date on the paperwork is a 'Guesstimation' and not final.
Then again, I'd love to have a May collection. Means I can pick the new car up in Spring weather rather than Winter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That seems like they're rushing to meet quota, I'm not entirely sure how leasing companies work compared to dealers. But I can only assume that the date on the paperwork is a 'Guesstimation' and not final.
Then again, I'd love to have a May collection. Means I can pick the new car up in Spring weather rather than Winter.
My current Puma doesn't have heated seats or steering wheel, and 3 of my previous cars did so I'm all for it :LOL:

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga ST Line X PHEV.
12 Posts
Order date 26th Aug, build date 21st Dec and its currently on the Grande New Jersey heading for Southampton from Valencia due to dock on 11th Jan.....Early Feb I should take ownership. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gentlemen, those of you waiting for Diesels would be well advised I think to double check with your dealers that you will get your cars at all. I have got quite friendly with my dealer. He lives around the corner from my daughter. He has had to renegotiate all of his Diesel orders as ford are no longer shipping any passenger vehicles with Diesel engines. I asked him if this down to the chip shortage and he replied that is was a permanent change.
I have a 2lt ST X ordered from a Dublin Dealer around early October. I have asked him about the issue with |Ford dropping the Diesel Kugas, have an email from him confirming that Ford has assured the car will be built in Feb 2022 expected with me mid to late March. We will see I suppose.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Order date 26th Aug, build date 21st Dec and its currently on the Grande New Jersey heading for Southampton from Valencia due to dock on 11th Jan.....Early Feb I should take ownership. :)
I wonder if our cars are together :D

61 - 80 of 106 Posts