Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
681 - 700 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Checked last week with them sounds like they not building them in order of date ordered or its built and dealer not been told.
As I've stated before, it seems reasonable to assume that they are built in turn. For example PHEV's/MHEV's were built Nov to Feb, Petrol March to June, Last Diesels June to EOL. And so back to the beginning.

·
Registered
Kuga Titanium Eco Blue 2.0 Auto AWD soon!
177 Posts
Checked last week with them sounds like they not building them in order of date ordered or its built and dealer not been told.
Still strange as ours is same model as yours and with same extras . Tow bar and also spare wheel . Ordered 8 Aug and informed built on 7 May . 9 Month exactly

·
Registered
177 Posts
As I've stated before, it seems reasonable to assume that they are built in turn. For example PHEV's/MHEV's were built Nov to Feb, Petrol March to June, Last Diesels June to EOL. And so back to the beginning.
Doesn’t seem to be the case as ours is a 2 litre awd auto diesel and built last week

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Kuga was ordered (by the dealer) 28th May 2021 and built on 15th March 2022, and is currently sitting in Southampton Docks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My Kuga was ordered (by the dealer) 28th May 2021 and built on 15th March 2022, and is currently sitting in Southampton Docks.
Ours was ordered by dealer in April 21 and to my spec on 8 Aug 21. The dealer told me that Ford were building in the order when a vehicle was sold and not by when the dealer first ordered for stock . What ever the case is ,I do believe Ford have not kept customers and dealers informed . I even contacted Ford Uk MD and did speak to a helper but no real answer . Just a mess isn’t it

·
Registered
2022, ST-Line 2.5 PHEV
1 Posts
Hi All,

Been following this thread for a while now! Ordered at beginning of September 2021 and just had confirmation of delivery next Thursday! I’ll be waiting like a kid at Christmas now :)

Gone for ST-Line X Edition PHEV in chrome blue

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone loves in the Birmingham area and sees a black Ford Fiesta EO17 XBU on any street please message me or contact police. Some bellends stole it off my drive last night.
Very annoying as was part exchanging this for the new car
It’ll be in cherrywood road small Heath in the chop shop with all the others. Thieving bastards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still strange as ours is same model as yours and with same extras . Tow bar and also spare wheel . Ordered 8 Aug and informed built on 7 May . 9 Month exactly
Yes seems strange but after numerous updates nothing surprises me, luckily im driving a 18plate 2.0 auto s-max at min beautiful car to drive.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK3 FHEV ST Line X Ordered November 2021, still waiting..
10 Posts
I read somewhere that the CFO for Ford claimed there's about 53,000 vehicles completed waiting for the components affected by the semiconductor shortage.

I hope they learn from this because communication is key especially with known delays

·
Registered
120 Posts
I read somewhere that the CFO for Ford claimed there's about 53,000 vehicles completed waiting for the components affected by the semiconductor shortage.

I hope they learn from this because communication is key especially with known delays
I keep seeing those words used a lot 'Communication is key' and that's great an all and does ring true, but ultimately if the information isn't there to communicate how do you expect them to communicate about known delays?
By this I mean, third party suppliers not communicating with Ford, dealers not being provided information by Ford etc. It's all well and good doing the blame game but ultimately it could be a third party supplier not providing the information or Ford not being able to provide the information to dealers there's a lot of variables at play here, not all are Fords fault.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga MK3 FHEV ST Line X Ordered November 2021, still waiting..
10 Posts
I keep seeing those words used a lot 'Communication is key' and that's great an all and does ring true, but ultimately if the information isn't there to communicate how do you expect them to communicate about known delays?
By this I mean, third party suppliers not communicating with Ford, dealers not being provided information by Ford etc. It's all well and good doing the blame game but ultimately it could be a third party supplier not providing the information or Ford not being able to provide the information to dealers there's a lot of variables at play here, not all are Fords fault.
I hear what you're saying, I'm not blaming any particular team or supplier I just think there must be lessons learnt here because it will be Ford who will get the blame from many people, it's who are in control of what happens to the vehicles we buy from them and that more updates could be provided.

I'm only 6 months in and having doubts about my order, but I know I have a good deal and prepared to wait but I'm entitled to voice an opinion being a customer and the lack of customer service provided to me. I've seen people 12 months with no update and in today's age I find it difficult to understand how. Clearly its due to the pandemic yes, these semiconductor chips are like gold dust it's happening in most industries, the difference is they are communicating about it, they are doing something differently about getting these updates.

That's what im trying to get at, no malice from me 😁

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
135 Posts
Must be massively frustrating waiting for a vehicle and not being able to find out what's happening.

From what I've heard from friends with orders with other manufacturers things, delays and poor updates, are much the same.

Read a while ago that some Vauxhall orders were cancelled and customers were told if they wanted a vehicle the price had gone up and spec had changed, some things deleted.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hear what you're saying, I'm not blaming any particular team or supplier I just think there must be lessons learnt here because it will be Ford who will get the blame from many people, it's who are in control of what happens to the vehicles we buy from them and that more updates could be provided.

I'm only 6 months in and having doubts about my order, but I know I have a good deal and prepared to wait but I'm entitled to voice an opinion being a customer and the lack of customer service provided to me. I've seen people 12 months with no update and in today's age I find it difficult to understand how. Clearly its due to the pandemic yes, these semiconductor chips are like gold dust it's happening in most industries, the difference is they are communicating about it, they are doing something differently about getting these updates.

That's what im trying to get at, no malice from me 😁
Oh of course, no malice taken and I'm certainly not implying you are blaming anyone. It's just interesting that a lot of people say 'Communication is key' but fail to remember that the communication is only as good as the information provided.

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
Must be massively frustrating waiting for a vehicle and not being able to find out what's happening.

From what I've heard from friends with orders with other manufacturers things, delays and poor updates, are much the same.

Read a while ago that some Vauxhall orders were cancelled and customers were told if they wanted a vehicle the price had gone up and spec had changed, some things deleted.
Exactly, I fancied a change and ordered a Grandland X with all the options. Five months of "good news is coming" bullsh&t and then....Vauxhall are cancelling your order unless you accept it without this and this and this and it may be a different colour and we're not sure if we can get an auto. I let them cancel and came back to Ford where, like many, I am still waiting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, this is Ford forum so we write mainly about or experiences with Ford, but other manufacturers are not better. Sometime worse:
I heard that a customer ordered a Porsche Cayenne. 8 months they told him at the time of order. Then it raised to 12 month, now after Ukraine war to 24 month waiting time.
Ok no problem, want my 20% money back, Oh we can't give you the money back as the car is already planned to be built. So he is forced some kind of to wait and don't go to other manufacturer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, after nearly a 10 month wait. It's finally here. Drives like a dream and so far, loving it. Had a bit of a funny moment earlier with the dual cooler system, one side cold the other warm. turned out I was circulating the warm air on my side...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

681 - 700 of 749 Posts