Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

Registered
2021 MK3 ST Line edition
Anyone know the rough expected delivery for the 1.5 ecoboost petrol? Ordered it end of September and was told likely April time but reading this thread guessing no chance of that!
Ordered 28th July picked up 23rd December 馃槉 so six months!

Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
ST-Line X with only one option pack was ordered in August, been told that no new build dates will be released until end of January.
I was told from a dealership that they鈥檙e only doing the hybrids until March now, won鈥檛 start on non hybrids until at least March would be lucky to receive before June/ July

Registered
Ordered 28th July picked up 23rd December 馃槉 so six months!
What鈥檚 the engine like in the car? I never got to test drive the standard petrol only the hybrid! Glad you鈥檝e got it now after a long wait 馃憣馃徎

Registered
I was told from a dealership that they鈥檙e only doing the hybrids until March now, won鈥檛 start on non hybrids until at least March would be lucky to receive before June/ July
Seems even the dealerships don't know entirely what is happening, I know the current chip shortage is having an effect. But I find it hard to believe that Hybrids take precedent over other models, considering they require a lot more chips due to the batteries.

Reactions: Gooding89

Registered
Seems even the dealerships don't know entirely what is happening, I know the current chip shortage is having an effect. But I find it hard to believe that Hybrids take precedent over other models, considering they require a lot more chips due to the batteries.
yeah I鈥檓 not sure,I thought this would be quicker and less chips to build the standard car but they said it was something to do with a tax relief incentive to have a certain percentage of cars electric or hybrid before the end of the tax year? Guessing that鈥檚 why focus is until March. Might be wrong

Registered
2021 MK3 ST Line edition
What鈥檚 the engine like in the car? I never got to test drive the standard petrol only the hybrid! Glad you鈥檝e got it now after a long wait 馃憣馃徎
It鈥檚 really good, got power and the fuel economy is ok for what I do with it. I鈥檓 getting 33-35 round town and off to Scotland on Sunday so will find out if it鈥檚 ok on a run!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
they must have more capacity on the diesel line as they have stopped taking orders for those

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
or do they just want us to wait the full 6months......

Registered
Ordered an ST Line X Ecoboost in August, no confirmed build date yet. However have been advised that Ecoboosts are actively being built at present...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
4months so far for me and the dealer knows nothing

Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
Mosted I鈥檝e waited was 3 months. What a chore!

Registered
It looks from this article that engines for FHEV/PHEVs are being shipped in from Mexico, so perhaps the engine plant is on shut down whilst the mods are made to the production line, hence why hybrids are getting some form of priority ?

Registered
I ordered at end of August, and still no idea of dates or estimates from my dealer. Told me everything is shut down over Xmas, so I don't expect an update soon.

Registered
Ordered an ST Line X Ecoboost in August, no confirmed build date yet. However have been advised that Ecoboosts are actively being built at present...
Going by that logic, A delivery time of March/April doesn't sound too far fetched....

It looks from this article that engines for FHEV/PHEVs are being shipped in from Mexico, so perhaps the engine plant is on shut down whilst the mods are made to the production line, hence why hybrids are getting some form of priority ?
They probably converted an existing line, someone here earlier mentioned that Diesel orders were being stopped.

Super Moderator
The only Ford passenger vehicle now available with a Diesel is the Focus and the Diesel variant is being discontinued in the first half of 2022 when the new facelift launches.

Registered
I ordered a FHEV ST Line X Ed on 2nd September, anyone ordered one around similar time heard anything from there dealer on build dates/ delivery? Hoping be here by march but reading some comments I'm very sceptical

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Ordered a PHEV ST line x on 4th Sept was given a provisional deliver date of 18th December - have had regular comms from garage but they know nothing

Reactions: Vlad.10.vvs

Registered
Had an update to say my August order has no build date, however dealer has moved me to an identical cancelled July order with 14th January build date - ETA mid March.

Registered
Had an update to say my August order has no build date, however dealer has moved me to an identical cancelled July order with 14th January build date - ETA mid March.
Excuse my ignorance, but is a build date the start of the build or the finish of the build?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts