Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have ordered a set of polished stainless steel exhaust trims for the Kuga as I never really liked the stock ones, they don`t look finished to me were you can see the pipe inside the trim piece so hopefully the new ones will look better. Question is how to get the old ones off, I had a look and they appear to be spot welded either side which wont be to difficult to remove but you know how it is, looks an easy job and ends up taking hours so wondered if anyone has removed the tips and how it went. Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have you seen the latest post under Mk1 Modifications? A poster on there paid £60 to have the old tips taken off and new ones welded on. Since tip replacement will, in essence, be identical on Mk1 and Mk2 that poster may be able to help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
They look the "doggy's doo dabs"! How easy/difficult was it to remove the factory spot welded trims and fit the new ones?Edited by: BazKuga

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,577 Posts
Mike16,
That post is 5 years old mate, I would be surprised if you get an answer matey.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The stock tips are indeed welded, so you need a welding machine to remove the old and install the new ones (unless you get screw-on tips)

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
613 Posts
I have just bought Stainless Steel ones that just slide over the existing tips. No point doing anything yet as it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
42 Posts
I have just bought Stainless Steel ones that just slide over the existing tips. No point doing anything yet as it's still under warranty.
What size inlet did you buy
what size inlet did you buy so they slip over ?

·
I am Batman!
613 Posts
There are different sizes but the ones I ordered are 90mm or 100mm even I think ( so I wouldn't go any narrower than that). The ebay adverts provide the size of the Exhaust trim diameter and also the maximum size of the exhaust they fit over. They just slip over the existing ones.

·
I am Batman!
613 Posts

·
Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
42 Posts
There are different sizes but the ones I ordered are 90mm or 100mm even I think ( so I wouldn't go any narrower than that). The ebay adverts provide the size of the Exhaust trim diameter and also the maximum size of the exhaust they fit over. They just slip over the existing ones.
Can only find 73mm inlet diameter

·
I am Batman!
613 Posts
You just have to measure the width of your current tail pipe and ones I chose fitted existing tailpipes between 78mm & 92mm. Mine were somewhere between these measurements and they fitted fine. If you search ebay for 'universal car tailpipe exhaust trims' they should show up.

·
Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
42 Posts
You just have to measure the width of your current tail pipe and ones I chose fitted existing tailpipes between 78mm & 92mm. Mine were somewhere between these measurements and they fitted fine. If you search ebay for 'universal car tailpipe exhaust trims' they should show up.
Did you have to cut your old tips off ?

·
I am Batman!
613 Posts
Nope - it was a 2 minute job. Literally just slide over the existing black ones (on ST-Line). Others have jubliee clips to tighten up which is better than my ones as mine just have spring clips holding them on so someone could in theory just yank them off! LOL.

·
Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
42 Posts
Nope - it was a 2 minute job. Literally just slide over the existing black ones (on ST-Line). Others have jubliee clips to tighten up which is better than my ones as mine just have spring clips holding them on so someone could in theory just yank them off! LOL.
Yeah i have an st line , but really want the ones in my post

·
I am Batman!
613 Posts

Looks like you may have cut your existing ones off to fit these ones. At least your car is out of warranty now though. I've found these on ebay...

Brand new in original box, never been tried on or used.Universal mufflers that fit most of the cars. The tips are made from high quality t-304 stainless steel (light weight design).New,universal,chromed high quality stainless steel exhaust pipe tip.
Fixings are included, easy to install.
Adjustable clamps! Every single pipe with diameter less than 55mm will fit perfectly.
These are universal exhaust tips they are tried and fit 99% of cars. But still to be sure, please check the measurements we provide and compare them to the measurements of your car’s exhaust pipe.

Reactions: Mavric

·
Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
42 Posts
Will 80mm inlet 114mm outlet slide over like below link mate

£11.90 27% Off | Air Inlet 48/51/57/63/80MM Bright Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pipe Car Universal Stainless Steel Straigh Muffler Tip With Remus Logo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts